System 7000

It?s been asked before, but...

Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:23 pm

I am aware that these points have been discussed before, but I can?t find definitive answers. Sorry if I?ve missed an earlier thread that clearly answers one of these questions.
  1. Is the EOWS*612 still available on special order? I know that the EOWS went out of production in about 1990, but I have come across several mentions that it is still available on special order. There is also a video on YouTube that shows an EOWS*612 doing a chime test, and it states in the comments that the siren was special ordered in 2006. Is this still the case, or has the EOWS*612 really been dead for twenty years?
  2. Will Sentry add dampers to its dual-toned sirens on special request to create a Hi-Lo capable unit? It has been mentioned several times that they will, and several times that they won?t. Does anyone know for certain?
  3. There is an old advert showing a 3T22 with a 7/10 port arrangement. The advert is here (I won?t embed it as I know that most of you have already seen it and that some of you have download limits). Was this siren ever built as a prototype, and did it ever make production? Or was it simply the artist?s mistake?
Thanks for any replies!

Regards,
Jerry.

Jpressman8

Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:55 pm

#1 As far as I know you can't special order a 612. There is no mention of it on their site and no mention of special orders for them.I believe they were discontinued years ago. F.S. had a lot of problems with this series 115 ,412 ,612 ,812 and 1212. These sirens were rushed into production in the early 80s and promised without prototype models being built or any extensive testing being done.
#3 It is probably an artist's rendering of the 2T/3T22 There are some ads for FS Thunderbolts that are not accurate as well.
five liter V8

500 AT fan

Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:56 am

No one knows for sure about Sentry sirens built with dampers. I personally don't think so, but you could try asking them.

cauberallies

Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:36 am

I don't have any answers, but I really like these question threads you frequently post. I always enjoy reading them, and learning something new.

CJ

Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:53 am

Throwing someone at Sentry an email would be a good idea.
~Charlie J.

System 7000

Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:30 pm

cauberallies wrote:I don't have any answers, but I really like these question threads you frequently post. I always enjoy reading them, and learning something new.
Thank you for your kind words!

I have e-mailed Sentry, so we will see what they say.

Regards,
Jerry.

Crazywarriorman
YouTube Username: crazywarriorman

Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:08 pm

I know that Highland, IL got their EOWS-612s nine years ago, so around 2001.
Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.

Gil
YouTube Username: gilramirez12

Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:48 pm

I seem to recall the EOWS being on their industrial produts website (federalsignal-indust.com) back in early 2006. But it was removed shortly after.

SirenMadness

Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:48 am

Sentry is known to custom-make some sirens. I remember seeing pictures of a twin-head vertical model with skirts instead of horns. Hey, if they can put a beacon on a siren, they might put dampers. :P
~ Peter Radanovic

System 7000

Dampers on Sentry Sirens

Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:14 pm

I have received a reply from Scott Yarberry at Sentry in response to my e-mail about the availablility of dampers on dual-tone sirens.
Sentry did, for a VERY short time, manufacture the 10V2T with solenoids for pulsed signals. The best I can see is that this production run lasted from 1977-1983.

We currently have no plans to produce them nor any demand to do so.

Hope this helps.

Scott Yarberry

Executive Vice President

Sentry Siren, Inc.
So, considering that Klaxon no longer produce the CS coded variants of their sirens, it would seem that there are no longer any coded mechanical sirens in production today.

Regards,
Jerry.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”