FunnelVortex

Wausau WI siren fails to sound during test.

Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:31 pm

During today's test the siren closest to my house failed to sound. The siren is a thunderbolt 1000t that covers a large area of the city.

During last week's test the thunderbolt did sound, but it was a lot quieter that it should have been. This makes me think there is something wrong with the blower.

The siren is still up on the pole, even after last week's malfunction. So I don't think it's being replaced, I think they may have not sounded it during this test and won't until they fix the blower.

I hope it is fixed soon, because the siren being out is potentially dangerous, I could barley hear the other sirens go off even without rains and winds to drown out their noise.

Unit of Civil Defense

Re: Wausau WI siren fails to sound during test.

Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:47 pm

...I know the feeling all to well...did you notify who ever is in charge of the system and let them know of the situation....too much at risk to assume that someone else already has and also enough complaints could warrant a quicker turn around time on getting that unit back in service.
Rheems1 wrote: I petition that everyone who joins the board should have to put there age or year of birth in thier signature...32 here
....Lifes great, I'm 58

Josh_S
YouTube Username: WI Fox Valley Lifts and Alarms

Re: Wausau WI siren fails to sound during test.

Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:10 am

Knowing Wausau it'll either be fixed asap or replaced with something ASC. They are pretty good on siren upkeep however report it to the city. Its either public works or engineering that runs the sirens, I forget. I'd call and talk to them so they know something is up.
Proud owner of a ATI HPSS16R, a Whelen Hornet, and an ASC T-128ACDC

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”