Rheems1

Re: Post your Mystery Sirens here.

Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:40 pm

justie1220 wrote:
Rheems1 wrote:
Oldiesmann wrote:Anyone have a clue as to what this could be? It looks like possibly a 2T22 with custom housing, but I've never seen anything like this. Unfortunately this is 6 hours from where I live so I won't be going to find it in person anytime soon.

https://goo.gl/maps/Je0qU

People do strange things with 2T22's, here is one of my favorites... the West Carthage Fire Department way up in Jefferson County, NY has decided a yellow canvas tarp wrapped around their 2T22 was a good idea. I have NO idea why they would do this or what they may have been trying to accomplish, maybe they didn't want to paint it anymore or maybe they just did so that one day I would see it and lose my mind trying to figure it out. Either way, here it is for your viewing pleasure.. I had a picture that a friend of mine took of it for me where you could clearly see the horns through the tarp, but it has been lost over the years.

https://goo.gl/maps/wMbr6
Dave that has to be the weirdest thing you have ever posted. A tarp on a 2T22... That's pretty cool though
That might be the nicest things anyone has said to me, I am honored that you realize and remember that I post the goofy crap Justin LOL... this one is pretty goofy still the same though. This station is way up north in New York, maybe 45 min from the Canadian border.. if it was a bit closer I would run up and photograph it. Jefferson County does a noon test so the possibility is high that a video could be gotten as well... on a separate unrelated note, how do you like the Brooklyn's new Engine-tanker? I think it looks pretty sharp :D

justie1220
YouTube Username: Justin Lynch

Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:34 pm

That might be the nicest things anyone has said to me, I am honored that you realize and remember that I post the goofy crap Justin LOL... this one is pretty goofy still the same though. This station is way up north in New York, maybe 45 min from the Canadian border.. if it was a bit closer I would run up and photograph it. Jefferson County does a noon test so the possibility is high that a video could be gotten as well... on a separate unrelated note, how do you like the Brooklyn's new Engine-tanker? I think it looks pretty sharp :D
I thought it looked weird at first looks like a moving Halloween float XD it looks nice. On a different note what's bugging me is that I still don't know what their mystery siren is I'm wondering if it's not a sterling vertical of some kind cause of the legs it has. I've been told it's an old model 5 but I have my doubts I would like to go up there and look at it and their Gamewell Diaphone soon
According to my signature ive been 16 years old for the past two years.Apparently i have found the Fountain of Youth :lol:

justie1220
YouTube Username: Justin Lynch

Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:18 pm

Here's an unknown siren model I took today. This siren is on top of the Brooklyn fire company in Lewistown Pennsylvania and has sat dormant for many years. You can't tell but there is a Gamewell diaphone underneath the siren. Anyone know what it is?
Attachments
0719151311.jpg
Picture of the siren
0719151311.jpg (1.05 MiB) Viewed 3200 times
According to my signature ive been 16 years old for the past two years.Apparently i have found the Fountain of Youth :lol:

connerdstines

Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:32 pm

Naked model 3 on some kind of custom stand, with a cute little roof.
Down to a Thunderbolt chopper, still a few goofy flashlight-siren combos, and a Model L.

Apillow

Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:18 am

I've got a picture of some sort of electronic siren with many horns. I was looking at MN's siren map when I noticed the unknown model. I was trying to look at the many allertors there. It is right next to United Sugars, so it is possible that it is for fires at the silo(?) anyway, I found it interesting.
Also seems a bit messy(?) and not perfect(?)
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (124.53 KiB) Viewed 3105 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (154.7 KiB) Viewed 3105 times
Profile picture was done by a player on the robocraft forums. Josh555 edited it to 140 by 140 pixels. Thanks!

Synther
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: UtahSirens

Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:37 am

Apillow wrote:I've got a picture of some sort of electronic siren with many horns. I was looking at MN's siren map when I noticed the unknown model. I was trying to look at the many allertors there. It is right next to United Sugars, so it is possible that it is for fires at the silo(?) anyway, I found it interesting.
That would be a Whelen 2016.
State of Utah siren map - My channel
STH-10, SD-10, 2 Model 2s

Apillow

Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:09 am

Synther wrote:
Apillow wrote:I've got a picture of some sort of electronic siren with many horns. I was looking at MN's siren map when I noticed the unknown model. I was trying to look at the many allertors there. It is right next to United Sugars, so it is possible that it is for fires at the silo(?) anyway, I found it interesting.
Thanks! :)
Sorry if this is normal wear and tear, but could you tell me why the cover thingy on the top intakes of many XT22s and other sirens seem to have dents in them? And why this whelen 2016 has some of its horns out of line?
Profile picture was done by a player on the robocraft forums. Josh555 edited it to 140 by 140 pixels. Thanks!

Synther
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: UtahSirens

Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:54 am

Apillow wrote:
Synther wrote:
Sorry if this is normal wear and tear, but could you tell me why the cover thingy on the top intakes of many XT22s and other sirens seem to have dents in them? And why this whelen 2016 has some of its horns out of line?
The dents/looks of the sirens are usually caused by derbis, violent weather, ect.
State of Utah siren map - My channel
STH-10, SD-10, 2 Model 2s

DJ2226
YouTube Username: DJ2226

Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:00 pm

That is a WS-2020. It has 5 arrays, while the 2016 has 4.
Proud owner of a Model 1.
DJ2226's YouTube Page

Ziginox

Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:44 am

Seconded, that's a WS-2020. I doubt this is true, but when I contacted Whelen a few years back about the five array version of the 2016 the contact said they were somewhat rare, however I've seen more 2020s than 2016s... Either way, there aren't many 2000 series units around anymore.
Anyway, the horns probably aren't bent or anything, I imagine it's just a distorted image from the camera.

Return to “Mystery Sirens”