almdoc

Limerick PA Nuclear Plant Siren Net

Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:33 pm

Does anyone out there know what type of sirens are presently in the warning net around Limerick PA's nuclear plant ? How about a coverage map. Any info would be appreciated.
My neighbors just love me !!

carexpertandy
YouTube Username: carexpertandy

Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:29 pm

It seems like they may still have Thunderbolts, I found one of them on Google Maps.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... ,,0,-11.51
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

va_nuke_pe

Limerick sirens

Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:55 pm

They currently have a system of 165 Thunderbolts in the 10-mile EPZ (the 10-mile radius circle around the plant). These are going to be replaced one-for-one with ASC T-128's. So, for an interim period, two sets of sirens will be up, and after the new system receives full acceptance by FEMA, the old system will be taken down.

cauberallies

Re: Limerick sirens

Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:52 am

va_nuke_pe wrote:They currently have a system of 165 Thunderbolts in the 10-mile EPZ (the 10-mile radius circle around the plant). These are going to be replaced one-for-one with ASC T-128's. So, for an interim period, two sets of sirens will be up, and after the new system receives full acceptance by FEMA, the old system will be taken down.
Dual tone or single? And do you know if and when they test? I'm really trying to find a 1000T within a couple hundred miles that I can go check out and record an activation of.

va_nuke_pe

Limerick T-bolts

Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:21 pm

They are all single tone.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”