orestis

NEVA55 in Trikala

Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:33 pm

20 Nov 2009 : siren test day in the whole country, and as usual I managed to lose it once again! :roll: I read about it in the net 12 hours later (...) So, another lost opportunity to make a video. :cry:

But fortunatelly, someone out there and particularly in Trikala city (northwestern Thessaly) did it!
NEVA55 in action!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wzNJxOeh9s

Corey Hudson

Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:13 pm

Isnt that a e57?
-Corey-

orestis

Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:35 pm

Nope. You can see the differences in my site: http://greeksirens.googlepages.com

Daniel

Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:04 am

Finally a recording of something that isn't a 2001! How often does Greece test their sirens? Are sirens used for fire calls?

I love your website, but I studied a little ancient Greek and I don't know many words of modern Greek.
Lex orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.

orestis

Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:24 pm

Usually they test sirens - and the remote activation system - during military manoeuvres (Parmenion and Alexandros) every two or three years, but not in the whole country. Some cities decide to test now and then their own sirens. Anyway, it's complicated ...

The sirens are mainly intended to warn in an assumed war condition, air raids, etc. Let's say they 're useless somehow, but this was always the country's defense dogma, because of our eastern neighbours.

It seems fire calls are something completely useless in Greece, since Fire Services are organised by the state, and we have no volunteer fire departments. (However there are volunteer firemen organisations mainly aimed to forest fires)

Daniel

Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:26 am

orestis wrote: The sirens are mainly intended to warn in an assumed war condition, air raids, etc. Let's say they 're useless somehow, but this was always the country's defense dogma, because of our eastern neighbours.
Turk-Alert!
Lex orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.

orestis

Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:14 am

Daniel wrote:
orestis wrote: The sirens are mainly intended to warn in an assumed war condition, air raids, etc. Let's say they 're useless somehow, but this was always the country's defense dogma, because of our eastern neighbours.
Turk-Alert!
Sort of ! :lol:

Return to “Videos and Media”