Charlie Davidson
Developer
Developer
YouTube Username: soccerdude7330Official

Christiana, TN Fedelcode Model 5A Attack @ CVFD

Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:13 pm

I decided to pass on the Modulator and 2001 recordings for this Saturday, but instead I was able to record a siren that is much better.

We drive 84 miles from Dickson to Christiana, TN (Rutherford County) Volunteer Fire Department #2 to record their old Fedelcode Model 5A, which hasn't been ran in many years. They ran a test on it at 3PM after having it checked out by a technician to see if it could be used as the community's tornado siren. The test was a thrilling success! After the test I was even allowed to get into the ladder truck bucket to go up to the siren itself to check it out!

Here are some pictures:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4 ... cabada1533

The siren was ran in Attack mode by one of the strangest control setups I've ever seen. Look at the pictures and check out the controller to see what I'm talking about.

The first 3 videos is from my HD camera. First they tested it to see if it even worked.
The second video is a manual test, while they checked the timing on the controller, and readjusted the timer.
The third video is the final test where the ran the siren with the new timing.
The fourth video is from my second camera, on the first test of the siren.
The fifth video is from my second camera, on the second test of the siren.

Here's the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF6mGzXYgf4

It was a very successful day yesterday. Huge thanks to all the guys at the Christiana Volunteer Fire Department!

Enjoy!
Charlie Davidson

Storm Chasing? Storm Chasing.
Proud owner of a fully operational Thunderbolt 1000T warning siren. Test your speakers.

The YouTube Channel is alive again.

Looking for a manual? I probably have it here: SirenManuals.com

djscrizzle

Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:19 am

Very nice. I'm happy to see that you've got video of the now working siren in Christiana, TN. Even better that it's a Fedelcode 5A siren.
Still close enough to a Fed Sig 550AT to drive out on test day: First Friday in May - 7PM!
As of April 15 2010, a certified NWS Skywarn Spotter.

Daniel

Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:11 am

Great video! Very impressive for a siren that hasn't been run in a while. Does this model have a coding damper?
Lex orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.

jerrylovessirens

Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:35 pm

Have you offered to do a re-furb on it?? Would be nice to see a fresh coat a paint, and for it to have a good once over before it gets really used again!

Charlie Davidson
Developer
Developer
YouTube Username: soccerdude7330Official

Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:24 pm

jerrylovessirens wrote:Have you offered to do a re-furb on it?? Would be nice to see a fresh coat a paint, and for it to have a good once over before it gets really used again!
Sure have! They said it needs paint and would most likely get me to re-paint the shroud for them. Now I can finally put that box of red spray paint I have to good use! :wink:
Charlie Davidson

Storm Chasing? Storm Chasing.
Proud owner of a fully operational Thunderbolt 1000T warning siren. Test your speakers.

The YouTube Channel is alive again.

Looking for a manual? I probably have it here: SirenManuals.com

Return to “Videos and Media”