EL1998P71

Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:44 pm

So do you know where the 1003 is located?
And was Sarnia's test day at a different time?
Cause I'm wondering if I can here them from across the water in the port huron / marysville side?
Proud Owner of too many sirens, lightbars, civil defense items, and diecast cars

Model2

Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:30 am

EL1998P71 wrote:So do you know where the 1003 is located?
And was Sarnia's test day at a different time?
Cause I'm wondering if I can here them from across the water in the port huron / marysville side?
The 1003 is located at the Suncor refinery across from DOW on the north side of Aamjiwnaang where the St. Clair Parkway turns into Vidal St. Sarnia, Aamjiwnaang, Point Edward, Corunna ATI's and surrounding refineries all test at 1230pm on Mondays.

The Courtright Model 7 and Corunna Model 2T are tested at 7pm on Sundays. I'm not sure when Point Edward firehouse tests their Model 2.

In Port Huron you'd be able to hear the Sarnia and Point Edward ATI's. Point Edward is the village where the Bluewater Bridge is.

In South Park you'd be able to here the Tbolt 1003 because it's on a post right across the river. Plus, you'd also hear the EOWS 1212s and Imperial Oil ATI's in South Park. You also might hear the ESSO Modulator system.

In Marysville near the Golf Club you'd be able to hear the Corunna ATI's on Mondays plus the Model 2T on Sunday at 7pm

In St. Clair at South Riverside Ave and Clinton Ave you'd be able to hear the Courtright Model 7 at 7pm on Sundays.

Then, at Algonac State Park in Roberts Landing you'd be able to hear the Port Lambton siren but I am unsure which day it tests.

Kyle

Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:07 pm

I have a slide show of some the of the sirens of the video's you post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTs2Jjoet-U

Model2

Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:10 pm

Kyle wrote:I have a slide show of some the of the sirens of the video's you post

Some of those are the photos I took back in 2005. :lol:

Kyle

Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:44 pm

Model2 wrote:
Kyle wrote:I have a slide show of some the of the sirens of the video's you post

Some of those are the photos I took back in 2005. :lol:
:]

Model2

Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:33 pm

nested quotes removed

The Allertonics haven't been used since about 2003. They were plagued with problems the local government and public had enough of them. They were replaced with the ATI system which, surprisingly when compared to other ATI systems, have only had minimal issues.

The city chose the beep tone for the ATI's because they didn't want the public to confuse the sirens with the local fire department sirens. The Allertonics were the same, they made a constant steady tone with a quick second or two wind up and no wind down.

Every once in a while at the city auction you might find one of the Allertronics or so I was told years ago by the city manager. Most of them are still on poles, though.

EL1998P71

Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:08 pm

I think I found a speaker array at the refinery.
I haven't found the 1003 yet

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?v ... &encType=1
Proud Owner of too many sirens, lightbars, civil defense items, and diecast cars

Model2

Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:21 pm

EL1998P71 wrote:I think I found a speaker array at the refinery.
I haven't found the 1003 yet

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?v ... &encType=1
The 1003 is on River Rd before it turns into Vidal St at the bend. I couldn't get a birds eye view image to load.

EL1998P71

Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:25 am

I forgot to ask, is it pole mounted or on a building? and is it yellow?
Towards the river, or near Sun blvd? It's driving me crazy. Went I drove past their in may I couldn't see any sirens, but I was driving so I could've easily have missed it

And you can get birds eye view if you look east only

Model2

Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:10 pm

EL1998P71 wrote:I forgot to ask, is it pole mounted or on a building? and is it yellow?
Towards the river, or near Sun blvd? It's driving me crazy. Went I drove past their in may I couldn't see any sirens, but I was driving so I could've easily have missed it

And you can get birds eye view if you look east only
It's at the front of Suncor on a pole mixed in with the jumble of smoke stacks and pipes. Right before the levee earth wall at Suncor you can see it between two smoke stacks stacks. It's also CD Yellow. I'll try again to use birds eye view.

Return to “Videos and Media”