Travis
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: DL1011

Delphi, IN FS Model 2

Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:12 pm

After learning from a news story last night that Delphi, IN (carroll county) tests their sirens at 10AM, instead of the usual 11, I decided to go out and see if I could record their Model 2 and what I think to be a HOR or Screemer. I called on the way to make sure that the rain wasn't going to cause a disappointing video, and I was presented with good and bad news. The sirens were to be tested, but the one atop the courthouse [mystery] was not, due to the parade in progress in front of the building. Delphi also decided to test about 8 minutes early this morning, so I missed most of the three-minute test. The echo is decent, and attack is way more interesting than alert. I plan on going back next month when the weather will be better, and there won't be any parades. Additionally, this marked the first test of 3 new 2001-130 flood sirens along the Tippe. The nearest one to my location was about 3 miles. You can hear it winding down after the 2.

The Story:
http://www.wlfi.com/dpp/news/local_wlfi ... 0907031549
*Note my comment on the story :]

The Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtSqHQ1-zcE
-The Princess

cmoore

Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:39 am

Cool Post! Do you know what mode the sirens will go off in for tests and real flood emergencies?
Naptown Sirens

Daniel

Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:28 pm

My father grew up in Delphi, so I've been there many times in the past, but as my both of my grandparents have since passed away, the last time was about 1998. Back then, the only thing on the roof of the courthouse was either a Model 5 or a chimney (I couldn't tell), and the only siren I remember seeing in Delphi was a Sterling horizontal siren right over the entrance to the police station, which was in an old brick building joined to the fire station. It was very rusty.
Lex orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.

Return to “Videos and Media”