Jpressman8

Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:11 pm

Jim Z wrote:
Someone on the board here had mentioned that there were two different stator and rotor setups on the Tbolt chopper. a 35 bar and a 47 bar rotor or something to that nature. He had mentioned that putting the 35 bar rotor into a 47 bar field would cause the chopper to spin much faster than normal. This makes more sense to me than anything. As for the slow wind down a 6 port chopper is the only thing I can think of being that a 6 port would be less affected by blower pressure than a 5 port. It's just a therory.
my theories:

1) wrong autotransformer (chopper feed setup) maybe a 208/240 volt one connected to 480

2) someone put in a model 2- 125V armature at some point.

those are the only two that come to mind. the blower wouldn't be the cause; the pitch does drop with the blower active but not by that much.
As for the slow wind down a 6 port chopper is the only thing I can think of being that a 6 port would be less affected by blower pressure than a 5 port. It's just a therory.
can we put this to rest? There's no evidence whatsoever that any 6-port chopper ever existed.
Yes, put it to bed. Too many nasty arguments come up on things like this. Slow wind down is probably just from overspeed. Jim , would setup number one burn the chopper motor out over a period of time?
five liter V8

Return to “Videos and Media”