3t22
YouTube Username: federal3t22

unique Whelen wail test

Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:06 pm

Here's our other WS 2008 sounding for the monthly test. So what makes it unique? it's being cycled on an AR timer causing it to start and stop. OEM is well aware of it (I was with the director durring it's 1st test), and has decided to leave it as it is. also it sound a bit on the odd side do to it reverbing off the Walgreens I was parked at, and that I shot it inside my car, as to not attract any nosy people.

also the voice function was not activated do to the system being manually activated by the FD do to the EM director being out of town. I have already reported this to him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_j8jVH7n5A
Proud owner of a 2T, 5, M-5, 1000 Head, 7T, 3T22, and a single toned 2

CJ

Re: unique Whelen wail test

Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:37 pm

3t22 wrote:Here's our other WS 2008 sounding for the monthly test. So what makes it unique? it's being cycled on an AR timer causing it to start and stop. OEM is well aware of it (I was with the director durring it's 1st test), and has decided to leave it as it is. also it sound a bit on the odd side do to it reverbing off the Walgreens I was parked at, and that I shot it inside my car, as to not attract any nosy people.

also the voice function was not activated do to the system being manually activated by the FD do to the EM director being out of town. I have already reported this to him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_j8jVH7n5A
Unique, to say the least.
~Charlie J.

ver tum
YouTube Username: LouisvilleTorn8o

Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:31 pm

That's the highest pitched Whelen I've ever heard. It peaks at the same pitch as a Modulator.
Josh
Owner of a Federal Signal Model D
Audio
YouTube

Tannre

Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:56 pm

ver tum wrote:That's the highest pitched Whelen I've ever heard. It peaks at the same pitch as a Modulator.
It sure does, I bet right next to it is ear piercing.

Is it just me, or at some point in the wail does it barely resemble a 2001? Not quite wound up, just on the brink of it, though...
Tanner L - Your one of only a handful of siren experts of the Oregon area!

3t22
YouTube Username: federal3t22

Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:03 am

ver tum wrote:That's the highest pitched Whelen I've ever heard. It peaks at the same pitch as a Modulator.
Our other 2008 is slightly higher pitch than this one, which makes monitering both very easy. The WS 1000 was higher pitch than the 2000/3000 series. It sounded at the same pitch as that over used electronic vehicle siren wail heard in 70's and 80's TV shows (Squad-51's main siren on Emergency!).

dispite the high pitch I can clearly hear both 2008s from my house 1.5 miles away.
Proud owner of a 2T, 5, M-5, 1000 Head, 7T, 3T22, and a single toned 2

CJ

Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:35 am

3t22 wrote:
Our other 2008 is slightly higher pitch than this one, which makes monitering both very easy. The WS 1000 was higher pitch than the 2000/3000 series. It sounded at the same pitch as that over used electronic vehicle siren wail heard in 70's and 80's TV shows (Squad-51's main siren on Emergency!).

dispite the high pitch I can clearly hear both 2008s from my house 1.5 miles away.
Saying that, Charlie (Soccerdude7330) did a short 1000hz sine wave tone on his powerhorn siren. It carried better than the air horn tone!

Although, like Eric said (CDV-777) he couldn't tell what the noise was when the giant bleepers went off round where he lives.
~Charlie J.

Return to “Videos and Media”