Archon

Payne Ohio 8 Port Sterling Vertical Siren

Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:34 am

Well went to a wedding in Payne Ohio of course I brought my Camcorder. So I find the towns siren ( not a easy feet as it was on top of a 15 story grain elevator.) Turns out it's a Sterling 8 port vertical siren That I think can be coded (sister in Law Lived it the town all her life says it is sounded for fire calls tornado's and when the water is shut off in town) So I think it may have a damper inside. So I recorded the 6.00PM sounding it is sounded every day at noon and 6.00PM. I believe this siren has been worked on in the not to distance pass shroud looks painted and has nice sound and wind down. it is the towns only siren.

Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UFaDrr9Iqc

Charlie Davidson
Developer
Developer
YouTube Username: soccerdude7330Official

Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:07 am

Excennelt video, Joe! Sounds great!
Charlie Davidson

Storm Chasing? Storm Chasing.
Proud owner of a fully operational Thunderbolt 1000T warning siren. Test your speakers.

The YouTube Channel is alive again.

Looking for a manual? I probably have it here: SirenManuals.com

Tannre

Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:13 am

Very cool video, that Sterling sounds wonderful!
Tanner L - Your one of only a handful of siren experts of the Oregon area!

Daniel

Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:13 am

Are you sure that isn't a Darley? They did use 8 port Federal rotors as well as 12 port ones, and Darley housings were famous for the louvres.
Lex orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.

CJ

Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:32 am

Daniel wrote:Are you sure that isn't a Darley? They did use 8 port Federal rotors as well as 12 port ones, and Darley housings were famous for the louvres.
I don't know too much about old sirens but i've seen a few pictures of old Darleys, the ones that aren't unfortunatley shaped or mesh-covered, and i'd agree with Joe here that it's most likely a Sterling.
~Charlie J.

Modulator Master

Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:40 pm

CJ wrote:
Daniel wrote:Are you sure that isn't a Darley? They did use 8 port Federal rotors as well as 12 port ones, and Darley housings were famous for the louvres.
I don't know too much about old sirens but i've seen a few pictures of old Darleys, the ones that aren't unfortunatley shaped or mesh-covered, and i'd agree with Joe here that it's most likely a Sterling.
Sorry guys but Daniel is right, it is a 8-port Darley siren, and it sounds like the siren in Benscreek-(Ideal),PA.
Monitoring Cambria and Somerset Counties.
http://s821.photobucket.com/albums/zz13 ... n_archive/

CJ

Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:45 pm

Modulator Master wrote:
CJ wrote:
Sorry guys but Daniel is right, it is a 8-port Darley siren, and it sounds like the siren in Benscreek-(Ideal),PA.
Ooh ok, any pictures of that siren anywhere?
~Charlie J.

Modulator Master

Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:43 am

CJ wrote:
Modulator Master wrote:
CJ wrote:
Ooh ok, any pictures of that siren anywhere?
Here's a pic of the Ben's Creek(Ideal) Siren. And yes it's an 8-port.
Monitoring Cambria and Somerset Counties.
http://s821.photobucket.com/albums/zz13 ... n_archive/

Return to “Videos and Media”