carexpertandy
YouTube Username: carexpertandy

Cincinnati Area Sirens 5/30/09

Sun May 31, 2009 3:07 am

Tornado Warning for Northeastern Hamilton County.
My video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fob3NXs-oCE
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

ver tum
YouTube Username: LouisvilleTorn8o

Re: Cincinnati Area Sirens 5/30/09

Sun May 31, 2009 12:01 pm

Sounds great! The pitch drops a bit on the T-128.

How did you guies end up with a tornado warning yesterday? All we got here in Louisville was a light rain shower!
Josh
Owner of a Federal Signal Model D
Audio
YouTube

carexpertandy
YouTube Username: carexpertandy

Sun May 31, 2009 10:57 pm

Josh, if you're saying the pitch dropps, the power must've gone out over there, and the T-128 must've switched to batteries.
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

Jpressman8

Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:55 am

Here's mine Andy. It's not as good as the others. The wind was out of the northwest so all you can hear is White Oak, Thompson Rd. and Colerain elementarys T-128.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlkCp7kxINM
five liter V8

djscrizzle

Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:11 am

Jpressman8 wrote:Here's mine Andy. It's not as good as the others. The wind was out of the northwest so all you can hear is White Oak, Thompson Rd. and Colerain elementarys T-128.
Still a nice video - TBolts are certainly quite attention-getting. I'm hearing a 1000-T as the primary sound in this clip?
Still close enough to a Fed Sig 550AT to drive out on test day: First Friday in May - 7PM!
As of April 15 2010, a certified NWS Skywarn Spotter.

Jpressman8

Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:16 pm

djscrizzle wrote:
Jpressman8 wrote:Here's mine Andy. It's not as good as the others. The wind was out of the northwest so all you can hear is White Oak, Thompson Rd. and Colerain elementarys T-128.
Still a nice video - TBolts are certainly quite attention-getting. I'm hearing a 1000-T as the primary sound in this clip?
Yes the WhiteOak 1000T is the closest at 1/4 mile away.
five liter V8

Oldiesmann
YouTube Username: Oldiesmann

Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:27 pm

ver tum wrote:Sounds great! The pitch drops a bit on the T-128.

How did you guies end up with a tornado warning yesterday? All we got here in Louisville was a light rain shower!
Warm weather caused the storms to really fire up as they moved east. There were several confirmed tornadoes within 50 miles of Cincy - Bethel, Georgetown, Loveland and Wilmington all had confirmed tornadoes, with reports of funnel clouds in other areas.
Michael "Oldiesmann" Eshom
SMF

Jpressman8

Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:23 pm

Oldiesmann wrote:
ver tum wrote:Sounds great! The pitch drops a bit on the T-128.

Warm weather caused the storms to really fire up as they moved east. There were several confirmed tornadoes within 50 miles of Cincy - Bethel, Georgetown, Loveland and Wilmington all had confirmed tornadoes, with reports of funnel clouds in other areas.
There was a good amount of upper level wind shear (cold air from the north moving south and warm air from the south moving north) causing rotation in the storms. There were reports of quarter size to golfball size hail also. It was very strange :? the south part of the county stayed dry during all of this.
five liter V8

bellyjae

Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:40 pm

Not entirely, I live in Delhi (SW corner of Hamilton County) and we got soaked. I wasn't home at the time, I was in Colerain (some rain there) and mom said she slept with the back door open. She woke up to the sirens going off, went to close the back door and water was all over the breakfast room.

Here's my clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoSIuZP_4fw
"Hi floor! Make me a sammich!"

Jpressman8

Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:55 pm

bellyjae wrote:Not entirely, I live in Delhi (SW corner of Hamilton County) and we got soaked. I wasn't home at the time, I was in Colerain (some rain there) and mom said she slept with the back door open. She woke up to the sirens going off, went to close the back door and water was all over the breakfast room.

Here's my clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoSIuZP_4fw
Really? I'm probably not but 5min from where you were at in Colerain and it did'nt rain a single drop here,but it poured down here at about 1:00 am when a second storm came through.
five liter V8

Return to “Videos and Media”