red04stanggt

What a sad day. The loud 1000 by my house is very sick

Wed May 06, 2009 5:04 pm

Listen to this thing. I have 2 problems with today
#1 I am hearing an abundance of WAY to many new 2001's. Hell I dont even know where the ones are coming from at the start of the video.
#2 The 1000 is not working right by my house. It sounded like it wound up just fine. Shawnee hasnt replaced any of their sirens but Lenexa is hot on the trot replacing their thunderbolts with 2001's. They tested the sirens in attack too but I didnt even care to upload it with alert.
What should I do? :(

It doesnt take a rocket scientist to tell somthing is very different about these 2 videos
Todays Vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VKauycVVec
Normal video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0KoLaP09aw

md5
YouTube Username: bctrainers

Wed May 06, 2009 5:39 pm

Sounds like its age is getting to it (bad chopper maybe?). I'm trying to get this silly 2001 video uploaded. Wanted to record an old siren on Gardner Lake, but i let time get away from me so i drove to a siren a little more than two miles away from me.

Nice system recording however. Those sirens seemed to be all in zone testing today, not a system wide test. :P
Last edited by md5 on Wed May 06, 2009 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--bc

Jpressman8

Wed May 06, 2009 5:42 pm

Bad Chopper bearings maybe?
five liter V8

md5
YouTube Username: bctrainers

Wed May 06, 2009 6:02 pm

Jpressman8 wrote:Bad Chopper bearings maybe?
Having a bit of de-ja-vu? :P
--bc

holler
High Leg
High Leg
YouTube Username: Blue10AEmia

Wed May 06, 2009 6:21 pm

1. Bad bearings

2. Bad brushes

3. Blower seals have gone bad and oil is getting blown up into the chopper motor and preventing the collector ring brushes from making good contact

4. Chopper motor autotransformer going bad, although most of the time they just die.

red04stanggt

Wed May 06, 2009 6:26 pm

My dad is a cop for the city of shawnee here. I told him what was going on and said anytime a siren isnt working right near a school its a big issue. He said he thinks Shawnee maintains their own sirens. He said he would tell the fire dept after I got off the phone with him. I sure hope they dont replace this one

Jpressman8

Wed May 06, 2009 8:12 pm

md5 wrote:
Jpressman8 wrote:Bad Chopper bearings maybe?
Having a bit of de-ja-vu? :P
Nah i studdered a bit. :P No it was a double click. :oops:
Notice how quickly the 1000 wound down. Thats why I said bearings.
five liter V8

kswx29

Wed May 06, 2009 10:34 pm

That was an awesome wind up! I love how the 2t22 wound up. Man does that thing sound bad! According to their website, all cities within the county own and maintain the sirens within their city. Hopely Shawnee is able to fix that thunderbolt! How many Thunderbolts have been replaced in lenexa?
How come you arn't uploading the Attack again? :?
-Once known as 2t22boy (Dylan)
Youtube | Flickr

ver tum
YouTube Username: LouisvilleTorn8o

Thu May 07, 2009 2:35 am

The 1000 sounds very much underpowered to me. I think that it is having the same problem that the Doss High School TBolt had last year. It's possibly not getting all of it's power supply. I don't think that even the blower was running at full power. That siren sounded very soft compared to usual.
Josh
Owner of a Federal Signal Model D
Audio
YouTube

red04stanggt

Thu May 07, 2009 3:29 am

2t22boy wrote:That was an awesome wind up! I love how the 2t22 wound up. Man does that thing sound bad! According to their website, all cities within the county own and maintain the sirens within their city. Hopely Shawnee is able to fix that thunderbolt! How many Thunderbolts have been replaced in lenexa?
How come you arn't uploading the Attack again? :?
Lenexa has replaced 3 that I know of. I need to drive over and see if that 1000T is gone. I didnt upload it in attack. Its depressing listening to that bolt. You can hear its troubles really well. Like I said I told my dad and he said he would tell the fire dept. I told him that they can activate the siren manually on the control boxes if they wanted to hear it (which im sure they already know). I would hate to see it go. THat siren has been there since I was in elementary school there at nieman & im 24 now. They could have had the opportunity to replace it 2 years ago when they built the new Nieman school where it sat before but they relocated it. Hopefully they fix it. I wonder when it says they maintain their own sirens...im curious if the city actually does it or they call blue valley....?

Return to “Videos and Media”