3t22
YouTube Username: federal3t22

Vernon CT siren concert (new video from 3/7)

Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:42 pm

Well yesterday was our siren test. I ended up oversleeping until 11:45am and missing getting stationed at one of the sirens :oops: . As it turned out I was able to moniter all 5 sirens from my place. I set up both my camcorder on the deck, and my recorder out my bedroom window. I'm editting the audio recording, but I have the video posted on Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc-eyOzVdZY .

Not much to really see except for my neighbor's house, trees, melting icicles hanging over the deck, and snow, but plenty to hear. The sirens you hear are 2 WS 2008s doing a pre-voice 1050hz tone and voice (listen closely at the beginning), than wail mode. One is being cycled on an AR and causing it to start and stop 4 times the other cycling normally. the 12 port 5 on station 441 2 blocks away only cycling twice (usually cycles 4 times), and much to my suprise the single phase 12 port 7 on station 341, 4 miles away (the lower toned siren you hear). The only siren not heard is our single toned 2 which failed and I suspect is dead. I did report the 2 and 5 cycling twice to EM. I'll post the audio recording after I get done editting it.

3t22
YouTube Username: federal3t22

Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:45 am

Seems that my work loves scheduling me 3rd shift the night before our siren test. Dispite my best efforts I managed to once again oversleep and didn't make it to meet up with OEM (I did talk to him afterwords). So once again I shot a video of the siren "concert". This time the 12 port 5 2 blocks away sounded through the whole test, and the 2008 controled on the AR is more clearly heard cycling on and off. The 2 failed again, and OEM toned the sirens again after the 1st cycle trying to get it to sound unsucessfully (was manually activated after the test, and failed).

Her's the vid. I had to edit out the voice, siren, and cancel tones per request of OEM. I did leave in the test message which was done by the EM director and spoken correctly, being broadcast over the scanner. You'll also hear other tones from various daily siren tests, and my kitchen clock playing Westminster Chimes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv652c9G35g

next month I won't be in town on test day. I maybe (and that's a very big maybe) able to get a vid of either one of 2 DSAs or a MOD4016, if I can pin down the test day and time. I will get a vid of one of our other sirens in May.

Return to “Videos and Media”