red04stanggt

Lenexa,KS 1000

Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:22 am

md5
YouTube Username: bctrainers

Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:04 am

I thought Johnson county, KS tested their sirens at the start of March? Oh well, will be ready for next month. :?

edit; Just did a quick read, thought they began the tests on the Severe Weather Awareness day... :P
Last edited by md5 on Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
--bc

kswx29

Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:05 am

Cool video. Good to see Johnson Co. hasn't replaced it yet.
md5 wrote:I thought Johnson county, KS tested their sirens at the start of March? Oh well, will be ready for next month. :?
They do not test December and February. And I think in March they only do the statewide drill, not their normal monthly. Not sure though.
-Once known as 2t22boy (Dylan)
Youtube | Flickr

md5

Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:10 am

2t22boy wrote:Cool video. Good to see Johnson Co. hasn't replaced it yet.
md5 wrote:I thought Johnson county, KS tested their sirens at the start of March? Oh well, will be ready for next month. :?
They do not test December and February. And I think in March they only do the statewide drill, not their normal monthly. Not sure though.
Thats what I thought myself. After checking out jocoem's website, apparently the did a county wide test today... :? :?:
--bc

kswx29

Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:09 am

My bad, I meant December and January. I talked to some EM director there a year back and he said temps are usually cold during those months and can cause damage to the sirens. Man this winter has been anything but cold and snowy!
-Once known as 2t22boy (Dylan)
Youtube | Flickr

red04stanggt

Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:13 pm

edit; Just did a quick read, thought they began the tests on the Severe Weather Awareness day... :P
This siren siren is only about a mile and a half from where this high pitched 1000T is at. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr4Ia8-FHVg
You can hear 2 1000T's in this video and I was hoping that maybe the one I recorded yesterday was the other one but its not. Im 99% sure the 1000 you hear is the one I recorded. I'm not sure how I am going to get that high pitched dual tone on tape. It sits in someones front yard and is obscured by trees and is across the street from a school. So ya. I dunno how i'm gonna pull that off. I am sure as hell not gonna stand in front of a school with my video camera taping.

md5

Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:05 pm

red04stanggt wrote:

This siren siren is only about a mile and a half from where this high pitched 1000T is at. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr4Ia8-FHVg
You can hear 2 1000T's in this video and I was hoping that maybe the one I recorded yesterday was the other one but its not. Im 99% sure the 1000 you hear is the one I recorded. I'm not sure how I am going to get that high pitched dual tone on tape. It sits in someones front yard and is obscured by trees and is across the street from a school. So ya. I dunno how i'm gonna pull that off. I am sure as hell not gonna stand in front of a school with my video camera taping.
Have an exact location? :)
--bc

red04stanggt

Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:10 am

md5 wrote:
red04stanggt wrote:

Its in the neighborhood behind the sears grand and mcdonalds off 87th and 435. Its by a pool and a elementary school. I dont have the exact address on hand

md5

Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:07 am

red04stanggt wrote:
md5 wrote:
red04stanggt wrote: This siren siren is only about a mile and a half from where this high pitched 1000T is at. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr4Ia8-FHVg
Its in the neighborhood behind the sears grand and mcdonalds off 87th and 435. Its by a pool and a elementary school. I dont have the exact address on hand
I think I have a very close location of what you are talking about. Will see what I can snatch up on Google Maps. :)
--bc

murrfarms
YouTube Username: murrfarms

Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:24 am

red04stanggt wrote:Its in the neighborhood behind the sears grand and mcdonalds off 87th and 435. Its by a pool and a elementary school. I dont have the exact address on hand
Here's a link to the one I'm pretty sure you're talking about, just found it on Google Maps.

http://tinyurl.com/Lenexa-1000T
-Ian M.

Return to “Videos and Media”