Technics
New User

Missing Crank Shaft Secomak 447.

Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:56 pm

Hello all.

Today I collected a Secomak 447 for the sum of £168. I knew it would be a project beforehand so I can't grumble too much, however, the crank shaft is missing. I'm hoping someone could possibly give me the dimensions of the shaft, or perhaps some images, any information would be appreciated. If I had to guess I'd say the pin sheared and the shaft is in a shed somewhere.

This is my first post. Thanks.

Technics
New User

Re: Missing Crank Shaft Secomak 447.

Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:05 pm

I've ordered a 11/16" silver steel bar for the crankshaft, and a 3/16" silver steel bar for the replacement pin. I'm doing a good bit of guessing. If anyone has one of these sirens I'd like to know the length of the crank shaft and anything else you think would help.

Thanks.

Technics
New User

Re: Missing Crank Shaft Secomak 447.

Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:37 pm

The 11/16", and 3/16" silver steel bars arrived and they're a perfect fit. I removed the remnants of the broken pin that secures the gear to the crankshaft and spent the afternoon trying to figure out how the turbine shaft marries up with the crankshaft. I need to drill a hole into the crankshaft which the turbine shaft slides into. I have one picture of that side of the crankshaft and it looks like steel on steel and not a brass tube bearing, and without any other reference I'm going to proceed, but I could figure out how to add one. I've ordered a 1/32" drill bit.

The turbine shaft looks to be adjustable so I've got 5mm of play to work with I think. I'll install the full length silver steel bar, put the siren together, and place the socket of the handle up against the siren and decide where to cut the crankshaft.

I'm not an engineer, just a dude with a broken siren. However it is progressing.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”