Dorianelevator
YouTube Username: TheOfficialDorianelevator

Re: the CICCA siren rabbit hole

Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:00 am

Darley Champion wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:30 pm
Dorianelevator wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:25 pm
this is an update from my previous post, so read it first before reading this.
so, i have found another cursed siren up in Abbévillers, it looks like this :
https://www.google.fr/maps/@47.4313743, ... ?entry=ttu
very cursed... reminds me of this :
https://www.google.com/maps/@50.148048, ... ?entry=ttu
but diffrent, its weird too, upside down style, cursed mini horns, and 6 horns only, very weird... i have no clue what it is too, it reminds me of that weird 12 horn one as i said earlier and also reminds me of CICCA sirens, i have no clue what it could be...
Looking again at this one, this might be a Chollet with a different motor. I think I can see a conical hat, although there's a problem with this theory, Chollet sirens are usually smaller than that and don't have any provision for horns of any kind.

Maybe this could be an earlier WW1 siren that was modified as to get rid of the bevel gear assembly and with shorter horns fitted? That wouldn't seem too far fetched for me, but this is purely speculation.

Another thing, Chollet sirens don't have a junction box for the motor, instead they have two exposed screw terminals (where you'd bolt on the wires), or this one has a box on the motor.
intresting information about the Abbévillers siren, tho i still have no clue. and, for the Xonrupt-Longemer siren, i hope you saw the first post of mine as it contains a link to a video of the Xonrupt-Longemer siren by julien boller (it just so happens hes my friend) and i think it might help, no motor labels appear on the video tho, but anyways, the Demay R3P saga continues as for some reason even with the new card leboncoin decides to not work and refuse every single payment i try. this is just getting annoying, but i wont give up. and finally, after a bit of scrolling in the siren map of julien boller i found another CICCA siren, which i told him to rename. here :
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?ll ... wWIZbpwdb
appears to be the same as the old Verneuil siren before it got obliterated by a stupid Pakita LC siren, this one still exists tho. and it tests too. but, apart from that, i have nothing else to say.

Darley Champion
Location: Gouvieux (department of Oise), Hauts-de-France (formerly Picardie)

Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:57 pm

Yes I've seen the Xonrupt siren video, and ever since, it's been REALLY itching me to know which company made it. Al

Same thing with the 12-port cursed siren. These two I'm dying to know what they really are.

Re: the R3P saga - I've been having issues with Leboncoin lately, last time I ran into the same issue, I had to "activate" my card by withdrawing some cash at an ATM... I don't know why is that but I guess it is how things are.

I sincerely hope you'll be able to finally secure the R3P, myself I'm not having much success with the SO-4, the seller refuses to ship, so instead a friend of mine offered me to pick it up since he's in the area, though this won't happen until April at best.

Interestingly the one you found has the "Carter" brand, so it's definitely older than the current Klaxon SO-4s that I see for sale, I wonder when they stopped using the Carter Ltd moniker.
19 (and soon to be 20) years old french siren enthusiast, hailing from what was called "Picardy"
[url=http:s//www.steamsignature.com]Image[/url]
This is my official Youtube

Dorianelevator

Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:47 pm

Darley Champion wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:57 pm
Yes I've seen the Xonrupt siren video, and ever since, it's been REALLY itching me to know which company made it. Al

Same thing with the 12-port cursed siren. These two I'm dying to know what they really are.

Re: the R3P saga - I've been having issues with Leboncoin lately, last time I ran into the same issue, I had to "activate" my card by withdrawing some cash at an ATM... I don't know why is that but I guess it is how things are.

I sincerely hope you'll be able to finally secure the R3P, myself I'm not having much success with the SO-4, the seller refuses to ship, so instead a friend of mine offered me to pick it up since he's in the area, though this won't happen until April at best.

Interestingly the one you found has the "Carter" brand, so it's definitely older than the current Klaxon SO-4s that I see for sale, I wonder when they stopped using the Carter Ltd moniker.
for the S04 siren, Carters of Brunley used to manufacture them, but klaxon then took over, which explains the "Carter" label on it. same with the minimite sirens.

for the Xonrupt siren, its also haunting me, tho, thank god theres the exact same model on top of the city hall of Videauban (but in dark grey) which is close to my house, i will film that one next guaranteed, i really wanna hear what it sounds like and also see if it has the motor label visible. the motor label is probably not gonna be visible tho.

as for R3P thing, oh well, for leboncoin, i activated my card by using it in a store, but leboncoin still does not work. i will try to buy it again, hope it gets secured, there was a CEN NP3S on sale before, but someone bought it. i really need to try and get leboncoin to work so that i can be sure that i will get that R3P...

and finally, i might make a homemade siren soon, either from a cheap bench grinder or from a single phase motor. i found a brand new 3000rpm single phase motor on leboncoin for 55€, which is a great price, and i also found a 3000rpm bench grinder for less than 20€, also on leboncoin. i am hesitating betwheen the single phase motor and the bench grinder, i will have to choose one if i want to make it. also, if you are wondering, yes i do have a 3d printer, that is how i am gonna actually make the siren, by 3d printing it. now, thats kind of all i have to say.

Darley Champion

Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:11 am

Speaking of making homemade stuff, myself I've been thinking of building a siren control box, there's nothing set in stone yet I'm still at the very early stages of the project.. Still waiting on some parts and the Klaxon of course.

I'm gonna take inspiration from a Demay control box most likely, or rig something up with a Telemecanique DRT (older version with the metallic case)'
19 (and soon to be 20) years old french siren enthusiast, hailing from what was called "Picardy"

Dorianelevator

Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:46 pm

Darley Champion wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:11 am
Speaking of making homemade stuff, myself I've been thinking of building a siren control box, there's nothing set in stone yet I'm still at the very early stages of the project.. Still waiting on some parts and the Klaxon of course.

I'm gonna take inspiration from a Demay control box most likely, or rig something up with a Telemecanique DRT (older version with the metallic case)'
nice, tho, i need someone's help, should i use a single phase motor or a bench grinder motor for my homemade siren ? in my opinion, i would use the single phase motor as its probably stronger, but both have the same rotations per minute. so if you have any tips, then ill be happy to have them.

Darley Champion

Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:27 pm

I'd say go with single-phase for simplicity (at the cost of being limited in motor power if you're going to power it from a 16 Amp circuit), since three-phase is a bit of pain to deal with. That bench grinder idea should be enough.

Beware though, it goes without saying that I'm not an electrician.

Dorianelevator

Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:34 pm

Darley Champion wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:27 pm
I'd say go with single-phase for simplicity (at the cost of being limited in motor power if you're going to power it from a 16 Amp circuit), since three-phase is a bit of pain to deal with. That bench grinder idea should be enough.

Beware though, it goes without saying that I'm not an electrician.
i know, tho, the only problem is that the single phase motor its harder to mount it on than the bench grinder motor. and no, i am not gonna power it from a 16 amp circuit, i am gonna plug it straight into the outlet. now, i still hesitate, should i choose the stronger single phase motor even tho its harder to attach or a bench grinder motor that is easier to attach but less strong... i dont know...

Darley Champion

Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:22 pm

I'd go with the bench grinder personally, since it's easier to mount, IMHO that's a fair trade-off

Dorianelevator

Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:35 pm

Darley Champion wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:22 pm
I'd go with the bench grinder personally, since it's easier to mount, IMHO that's a fair trade-off
ok, i will try with a bench grinder first.

Dorianelevator

Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:17 pm

back to sirens... oh well, the first wednesday is coming very soon (april 3rd) and i plan to go to Videauban to film the cursed 4 horn siren that is the exact same as the one in Xonrupt but in black, maybe that will give us more info, not sure...

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”