federalsignaliscool

The Official Arctic Siren Map

Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:14 pm

After two weeks of mapping out Yukon, the Northwest Territories, and Nunavut, I have completed the Official Arctic Siren Map! In each siren point, it includes the model (including phase,) a purpose, any info I found about the siren, and an image of it. When you look at the map, please also look at the map description. It includes information for better understanding the map. If you want to use my map in your own siren map or have any siren locations/info I missed, please contact me on my Discord or by my ARS account (both listed in the map description.)

Without further ado, here is the map!
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?hl ... NcgJks&ll=
From the creator of the Official Arctic Siren Map :D

gabetlamb
YouTube Username: Gabriel Lamb

Re: The Official Arctic Siren Map

Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:57 pm

Wonderful job

federalsignaliscool

Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:14 pm

I added 2 more locations in central NWT, I'm still looking for more.

federalsignaliscool

Official Arctic Siren Map update

Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:32 pm

Thanks to a user named "Sussy," I have actually gotten images from the Milne Point Camp system and also found about some STH-10s (didn't get any locations, sadly.) I also found some more Eclipse 8s in Yukon, including one of two siren SYSTEMS! The other one is the 2900 system in Prudhoe Bay, AK, but I couldn't find any locations from there either. I am now searching news articles for info about sirens I already found out about. I am also looking back at older sat view to see when newer sirens were installed. I started with 33 sirens when I released it, now I have 56 confirmed locations and maybe <10 other locations from the two siren system marks. I also have one unconfirmed location but at least have the town.

federalsignaliscool

Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:34 am

Update: I now have 63 confirmed locations thanks to PeachTreeSirens, and am looking at a 64th. Still got those 10-20 unconfirmed locations that may never be found out, though

federalsignaliscool

1,000 VIEWS!!!

Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:53 pm

I never thought that I would see a comma in the view count anytime this year, but here it is! To celebrate this, I am working on Greenland's sirens and will hopefully be collaborating with CarterMasterAlt for an Iceland map!

federalsignaliscool

Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:13 pm

Woo-hoo! 1500 views

federalsignaliscool

Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:33 am

Added a couple new locations, most notably in northern Ontario. There is this one very specific town in Greenland that just completely removed my motivation for the country. I considered skipping or just stealing only the other maps' locations but I'll just wait until I'm ready to map it there instead.

Synther
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: UtahSirens

Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:03 am

Please remove the map jurisdiction polygon, or move to a different layer, it obstructs the view. Otherwise, great map, it's cool to see sirens marked in a region that otherwise gets overlooked.
State of Utah siren map - My channel
STH-10, SD-10, 2 Model 2s

federalsignaliscool

Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:45 pm

Synther wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:03 am
Please remove the map jurisdiction polygon, or move to a different layer, it obstructs the view. Otherwise, great map, it's cool to see sirens marked in a region that otherwise gets overlooked.
It is in a different layer, and thanks!

Return to “Siren Maps”