echo1030
YouTube Username: O'ahu Sirens

Honolulu County, O'ahu Siren Map

Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:00 am

Here's a detailed map of the siren system on my home island of O'ahu, Honolulu County. I finally got around to uploading all my siren locations from Apple to Google maps. I've spent my whole life around this system, and grew up listening to the OG legacy system since I was a small child. This map contains every siren that is active & functional on O'ahu to this current date. Disconnected & abandoned sirens are not included on the map. I can provide a link to my original Apple maps version of O'ahu's system, however it can only be viewed on iPhone... PM me if interested. I've made this map specifically for O'ahu. There are other maps of the entire Hawai'i state system from Soundmaster391 and another person as well. They have far bigger and more elaborate maps of the entire state if anyone is looking for a map of the neighboring islands. As for the Cooper/MadahCom/Hormann sirens on O'ahu, I've simply labeled them Cooper Waves for simplicity sake, there are too many different variants of that specific model out here. Two Modulator 3012B's are missing from the map on Schofield Barracks, I need to go for a drive to re-document them as many of the military sirens on O'ahu were recently upgraded from 1st gen Modulator 3012's to the newer Modulator-2 3012B's. O'ahu is also down to just 3 mechanical sirens left. Thunderbolt 1000AT at Aiea Heights, Thunderbolt 1000BT at Kalakaua Rec center, and a RSH-10 Thunderbeam at Wahiawa district park. Only one EOWS-1212 is left on island, it uses UV controls, located at He'eia Elementary. Just one ASC iForce is left as well, using UV controls & located at Ala Wai boat Harbor. 4 EOWS-612's are left, all running UltraVoice controls. Even with over 230+ sirens on just O'ahu, we still have some coverage gaps. However, I can say with confidence that our system blows most states out of the water in terms of unified statewide mass notification. We are the only state that still operates a proper statewide Civil Defense siren system in the entire country.

www.oahusirens.com
#DEFENDHAWAI'I
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka ʻĀina i ka Pono

Return to “Siren Maps”