Sleepyboy1
New User

Age/Identification for Carters Taco Works - 3 Phase - single tone vertical siren

Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:40 am

Hi to all once again,

This stumbling newby is now trying once again to add photo's to my post, so here goes. :? :? :?

If any member can assist with identifying the age of my siren, that would be great.

Not sure if it would be a marketable item if I restore it? Issue is I don't have 3 Phase power so not much point keeping it. It would restore quite easily due to its condition.

I will have to focus on collecting single phase gear and low voltage also, either that or pretend I'm deaf and then voltage wouldn't matter.

Cheers to all the members and I hope to chat with more of you in the future.

Pete.
Attachments
Siren 013 (2).jpg
Siren 013 (2).jpg (782.55 KiB) Viewed 3580 times

Synther
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: UtahSirens

Re: Age/Identification for Carters Taco Works - 3 Phase - single tone vertical siren

Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:55 am

Theres a member on here in the US who actually owns a siren very similar to yours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW20cpjPRts
State of Utah siren map - My channel
STH-10, SD-10, 2 Model 2s

Chem_Boffin_6589
YouTube Username: Alfie Woolard
Discord: Alfie

Re: Age/Identification for Carters Taco Works - 3 Phase - single tone vertical siren

Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:54 am

Sleepyboy1 wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:40 am
Hi to all once again,

This stumbling newby is now trying once again to add photo's to my post, so here goes. :? :? :?

If any member can assist with identifying the age of my siren, that would be great.

Not sure if it would be a marketable item if I restore it? Issue is I don't have 3 Phase power so not much point keeping it. It would restore quite easily due to its condition.

I will have to focus on collecting single phase gear and low voltage also, either that or pretend I'm deaf and then voltage wouldn't matter.

Cheers to all the members and I hope to chat with more of you in the future.

Pete.
I forgot to say in your previous post that Taco Works did the extrusions for Carter's smaller sirens (at least it was the smaller ones). I have two Minimite sirens which have the Taco logo on each moulding. My sirens come from the 70s to the 80s. Yours could be from any time between the dawn of the Cold War to the mid 70s.
Your siren is marketable but it's a niche market, and it being 3 phase (for something that small!) isn't going to help. Rest assured, I have 3 phase! So I'd be interested if it ever came up for sale.
Alfie Woolard
Federal Signal MC know-it-all.
Installed, initiated and maintains school campus warning system.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtGVVz ... 8BQ47VmdHg

Captain Dynamite
Premium Member
Premium Member

Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:18 am

Very nice. It is a unique siren that one.

orestis

Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:21 pm

If the hp is low you can easily connect it to a capacitor and the siren will be fully operational. Only with a slower wind up.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”