hobbeekid

RESCUE THIS SIREN IF U CAN!!!!

Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:22 pm

If any of you who reads this board are in or around San Jose california maybe you can rescue this siren before it goes to the scrapper.The sd10 that has stood in the corner fo senter rd and southside ave is about to come down for good probably some time this week if not already.I believe this particular CD siren has stood at this location for over fourty years.It's about to become victm to a city street widening process as the sidewalk that supports it and a neighboring stoplight has been chiseld away.I would have warned you all earlier but my internet access has been severly cut due to me moving.this is the first chance I've had to warn you all.I don't know when I'll be able to return but I hope that someone will be able to keep watch and be there when that siren finally does come down.Who knows,one of you might end up with a free siren or one for dirt cheap!!! Hopefully the next time I log on this board I'll read some good news on this or another thread that one of you has snagged it! I'd get it for myself,but time and work commitments will keep this from happening.... Good luck all.......

Jeff

Justin

Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:50 am

Why can't you save it?

I would, but logistics is the only thing stopping me at the moment.

Maybe we could all throw in for the SD-10's restoration and donation to that girl who is helping fund a siren for their community...

JasonC
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: Jsncrso

Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:37 am

Justin wrote: Maybe we could all throw in for the SD-10's restoration and donation to that girl who is helping fund a siren for their community...
She e-mailed me once, then never replied back....who knows. One of the village idiots could just refurb that old ACA they had, lol.

Whelen Rules

Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:38 pm

JasonC wrote:
Justin wrote: Maybe we could all throw in for the SD-10's restoration and donation to that girl who is helping fund a siren for their community...
She e-mailed me once, then never replied back....who knows. One of the village idiots could just refurb that old ACA they had, lol.
Not to take this off topic but how do you contact that girl, I remember the story but didn't thank much of it at the time. I believe I could POSSIBLY get her a Darley Model 5 that was once part of the city of Tullahoma's civil defense warning system. The siren would need work because it has been sitting idol for 8 years since our Whelens were installed. The city has no use for it anymore and it is just wasting away on a watertower.
Tyler Lund

JasonC
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: Jsncrso

Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:23 pm

Whelen Rules wrote:
JasonC wrote:
Not to take this off topic but how do you contact that girl, I remember the story but didn't thank much of it at the time. I believe I could POSSIBLY get her a Darley Model 5 that was once part of the city of Tullahoma's civil defense warning system. The siren would need work because it has been sitting idol for 8 years since our Whelens were installed. The city has no use for it anymore and it is just wasting away on a watertower.
Personally, I don't thinks shes actually interested in a siren, or an old one at that. She's more interested in helping to raise money to purchase a new siren for her town.

CABLEVision

Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:51 pm

All the people from the city's in my area think I'm some sort of weirdo or terrorist when I try to get a siren. I shall try to rescue this one though. Who should I contact?
The Cal Trimmer, by Eastman industries

hobbeekid

Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:44 pm

Justin wrote:Why can't you save it?

Work/moving committments keep me from taking the time off needed to inquire,investigate& ultimately be there when removal time comes.....

hobbeekid

Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:00 pm

CABLEVision wrote:All the people from the city's in my area think I'm some sort of weirdo or terrorist when I try to get a siren. I shall try to rescue this one though. Who should I contact?

First I'd head out to the location during work hours and talk to the people who are prepping the street for paving .Tell them that you got word that the siren and pole are about to be removed and that you would like to know what date it's sceduled to come down and who will be removing it.I'd assume the street dept will be handling it as the stop lightnext to it will also go down.Hurry though cause the new stoplights are already in place.If it's already been removed then contact the city street dept and ask them about the Senter road widening prodject and go from there.Maybe ask them who handled removing the old stoplights and their disposistion.Wherever they ended up,chances are the siren will be their too..........

Hacksaw

Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:23 am

It's still there today. But it won't be long. No one doing construction was there when I got there today.

CABLEVision

Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:51 am

I have no contacts with the city I need the name of the construction company, But who should i contact in the city?
The Cal Trimmer, by Eastman industries

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”