DJ2226
YouTube Username: DJ2226

New Electronic Siren Coming In 2018 From... Sentry?!?

Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:49 pm

I noticed an interesting article on my Facebook timeline from the Siren Enthusiasts and Sentry Sirens Inc. pages. It was an interview by Company Week with the COO of the company Mr. Scott Yarberry. The article talks about Sentry's history and some of their struggles and successes, but the thing that caught my eye and the eyes of the other enthusiasts was the mention that they are developing a voice capable siren dubbed as the VR series. *insert virtual reality meme here* :lol: I'm really intrigued with the idea of Sentry breaking into a new market. The electronic siren/PA market currently has four big players and many smaller ones here and there as far as the total number of installations countrywide, so see another major siren company join the group is really awesome, at least to me anyway; I like electronic sirens more than most because of my IT/CS background. It'll be interesting to see what they come up with. It's sort of odd to see a company that has sworn by mechanical sirens for so long to step into the electronic siren pool, but that means more competition which is great.

Link to the article: https://companyweek.com/company-profile/sentry-siren
Proud owner of a Model 1.
DJ2226's YouTube Page

Kentuckysirens
YouTube Username: Sirensofcincinnati

Re: New Electronic Siren Coming In 2018 From... Sentry?!?

Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:41 am

I see them making it as more of a campus or arena focused "PA" speaker rather than a big siren to compete with their 16 and 14 horsepower workhorse sirens. After All, Sentry swears by the durability and increased sound output of mechanical sirens. I see this as a way to enter a very finite market with the marketing being voice intelligibility rather than just making a giant speaker cell like a MOD, IFORCE, or 2910. That's just my 2 cents but we will see what happens.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”