fire_freak_57
YouTube Username: sirenfreak57
Discord: firefreak57#0781

Whelen OmniAlert OA1 (w/Ambience) | Short Alert Blast | Norton, OH | 3-31-18

Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:58 pm

First video of an OA1 in action on YouTube! I decided to go to Norton today to hear this rare Whelen, and while it wasn't that loud (I wasn't expecting it to be that loud anyways) and the fact that the test was only 10-15 seconds, it was still a great test. This siren replaced an old STH-10A which still lies on the ground in the parking lot of the historical society where I parked (I had no idea the STH was there nor did I know that this Whelen replaced anything) until I got out of my car and noticed the STH. The STH was an older Federal Sign and Signal model and looked to be in pretty good shape despite the fact that it was lying on its side resulting in the weight of the main siren assembly to crush two of the horns (they were nearly flattened) and the ones that would've been on the pavement were gone. It probably has snow and water inside it though (I took a bunch of pictures of the old STH-10 which I'll post at a later time).

Anyways, back to the main subject: the OmniAlert OA1. The video is below. It was great to get a siren that's rather rare checked off my recording list. The ambience after the test is coming from Barberton's sirens; they have 2 508s and a red Thunderbolt 1000A. Norton (and Barberton) test their sirens every Saturday at noon, weather permitting, for 10-30 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvb96ZfJUmM

Next week I will be in Independence for their first test of the year, hopefully to catch the yellow Jailbar 1000 and possibly one of their 5AT's if I can get an audio recorder by then.
sirenfreak57
Owner of a Allertor 125 Control Cabinet, EOWS Driver, and other odds and ends.
My YouTube Channel | Summit County Siren Map | Cuyahoga County Siren Map

Return to “Videos and Media”