turtlbrdr
YouTube Username: Vdeil

The Google Earth Siren Hunt - 4k edition

Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:24 pm

Hello everyone!

It's been a while since I last posted an update on the siren map. Almost two years! In that amount of time I've accomplished nothing more than getting an education, but that's not what's important here, I have finally cataloged over 4,000 sirens! (Actually 4,005) and I have returned to release it here.

I have worked intermittently for the last couple of years to make this possible and have honed my skills for it as well.

Included in this release is 1000 more sirens than were included in the last release and this includes multiple metropolitan areas including Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, and the completion of the Louisville Metro.

Additionally, inside the zip I have included a copy of my rings file, a visual reference of the nominal ranges for cataloged sirens.

At this point my next update will likely include updated description tags for a good number of sirens and will likely see the advent of different tags for electric and electromechanical siren varieties. I'll likely also go through the menagerie of unknowns and "exact model" unknowns to see if there might be updated street view.

It was a sticking point on the last thread, but recently I have learned how differentiate between an ASC T-128 and a 135. The horns are a different shape and this is visible in the satellite view the best. This is still a relatively new "technology", but as I gain more experience referencing these two kinds of units the difference should be enough for me to distinguish them reliably. At the moment the only city that I have used new tech in is Rockford, IL, should anyone be able to check me on those units I would appreciate it.

Changelog:
06/04/17: 4,005 sirens, including 3,798 online units, 125 removed, 80 unknowns, and 2 fallen flags.
Attachments
Siren Hunt 060417.zip
(2.12 MiB) Downloaded 95 times

jacob585
YouTube Username: SouthMissouriSirens
Discord: MidMissouriSirens#9512

Re: The Google Earth Siren Hunt - 4k edition

Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:46 am

can you add a download for siren pin icons
I'm Jacob Ulrich or MidMissouriSirens on youtube.

My Missouri Siren Map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit? ... 57595&z=10

Return to “Siren Maps”