AST128_RyanK

Federal Signal STH-C

Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:23 am

Are there any known STH-C siren locations currently?

SuperBanshee

Re: Federal Signal STH-C

Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:09 am

No. In fact I've never seen any literature referring to such a siren.

murrfarms
YouTube Username: murrfarms

Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:54 am

While I'm fairly certain none have been found still up and/or in service to date, here are some photos of one that was for sale on eBay several years ago. This is the only one I have ever seen though but I have a feeling there may be a few out there that nobody has come across yet. Best I can tell this is an all original siren that wasn't modified in any way, and man is it an old one too judging by the old Valley(?) high slip three-phase motor it has.

Image Image Image
-Ian M.

AST128_RyanK

Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:01 am

SuperBanshee wrote:No. In fact I've never seen any literature referring to such a siren.
murrfarms wrote:While I'm fairly certain none have been found still up and/or in service to date, here are some photos of one that was for sale on eBay several years ago. This is the only one I have ever seen though but I have a feeling there may be a few out there that nobody has come across yet. Best I can tell this is an all original siren that wasn't modified in any way, and man is it an old one too judging by the old Valley(?) high slip three-phase motor it has.

Image Image Image
It may have never been mass produced or advertised by Federal Signal.

SuperBanshee

Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:08 am

An interesting find! I've never seen an STH-10 with a damper before. This could not have been a long lived variation of the STH-10 as it's never mentioned in the mass of catalogs and advertisements.

SoundMaster 391
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: SoundMaster 391

Interesting...

Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:46 am

Just wondering. Is it possible to fit a 3T22 intake onto the STH-10?
Last edited by SoundMaster 391 on Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Owner of a Federal Enterprises Model 2, Federal Electric Model D, Sentry F2 and AR Timer
Click here for SoundMasters YouTube Channel

murrfarms

Re: Interesting...

Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:05 am

SoundMaster 391 wrote:Just wondering. Is it possible to fit a 3T33 intake onto the STH-10?
No. The tubing diameter for the STH-10's intake is way bigger than the 3T22's intake, plus the flange sizes (the part that bolts up to the stator) are completely different between the two sirens' intakes as well. In other words, there is no way this could work if that were a 3T22 intake even if they modified the flange to fit a STH-10; it simply would not work due to a lack of proper airflow to the siren's rotor if the smaller 3T22 tube were used.
-Ian M.

Snowcube
YouTube Username: Snowcube
Discord: lumex

Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:40 pm

murrfarms wrote:While I'm fairly certain none have been found still up and/or in service to date, here are some photos of one that was for sale on eBay several years ago. This is the only one I have ever seen though but I have a feeling there may be a few out there that nobody has come across yet. Best I can tell this is an all original siren that wasn't modified in any way, and man is it an old one too judging by the old Valley(?) high slip three-phase motor it has.

Image Image Image
Could that maybe just be a 3t22 someone chopped in half?
I have an unhealthy obsession with mini sirens.
Thingiverse page

murrfarms

Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:19 pm

Zarlog wrote:Could that maybe just be a 3t22 someone chopped in half?
No, highly unlikely. The intake for the STH-10 is much larger in diameter than those used on the 3T22, and this one definitely appears to have the normal size intake for a STH-10, except with the addition of a solenoid-actuated butterfly valve for coding purposes.
-Ian M.

Tempest116
YouTube Username: FederalThunderbolt

Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:00 am

murrfarms wrote:
Zarlog wrote:Could that maybe just be a 3t22 someone chopped in half?
No, highly unlikely. The intake for the STH-10 is much larger in diameter than those used on the 3T22, and this one definitely appears to have the normal size intake for a STH-10, except with the addition of a solenoid-actuated butterfly valve for coding purposes.
Wow that's really really rare. This is my first time seeing one. Is this STH-C siren just a multi signal version of a STH-10 siren? Just making sure. Or is it a completely different siren model all together.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”