Hope Creek ACA System

Three Mile Island

Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:42 pm

What is TMI replacing its system with, and can you record one more ACA system test?
Last edited by Hope Creek ACA System on Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ACA/ASC Still Moves On!

Trey
YouTube Username: SD10s4ever

Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:32 pm

They are replacing all of their broken sirens (P-10s, Cyclones, ect..) with 2001s. We have a guy, Dan W. (from the SchuminWeb), who is going to go out there and record a Cyclone or video a P-10.

Rheems1

Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:22 am

Lots and lots of 2001's popping up around here.... reorganizing of the system is going on as well... I was at the Bressler Fire Department where there was no TMI siren and now there is a P-10 there. I went to the Lower Swatara Fire Department, the Cyclone is still up but on the other side of teh parking lot is a 2001. The sirens do not have to be broken to get 2001... the Cyclone at Lower Swatara Township works great but they decided to put up a 2001 in it's place. If I had a digital camcorder I would go out and video a test but I don't own one of those (and I am broker than broke). There is a good 2 monthes or more before they get tested again....other than the 3 minute test every third month.. they don't get tested (not even a bump on Saturday at Noon). There is a good spot that I know of that is right in between a P-10 and a 2001 (about a half mile from both)... I have to get a recording there next time the test comes up and with some luck I will post it.

Dave Fritz

dboyle

Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:16 pm

James wrote:They are replacing all of their broken sirens (P-10s, Cyclones, ect..) with 2001s. We have a guy, Dan W. (from the SchuminWeb), who is going to go out there and record a Cyclone or video a P-10.
actually, that's me (Dan B), not Dan W. I live in TMI's 10-mile emergency planning zone.

our original system was installed in 1982 with ACA Cyclone C-125s and Penetrator 10s. recently, they've been installing and adding FS 2001SNRBs in areas to supplement or replace existing sirens. I was told the reason for the 2001s is that they can be used with battery backup power, whereas the P10s and Cyclones can't.

the past 2 years, they've done the 3-5 minute annual test on june 29 (my birthday) and am hoping that they're doing it that day this year too. I've already taken the day off of work.

to those who haven't heard the infamous siren test I posted from last year of a P-10 firing up, I'll make a new post today. I have to find a good FTP first though

scooterbugs25

Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:41 pm

Rheems1 wrote:Lots and lots of 2001's popping up around here.... reorganizing of the system is going on as well... I was at the Bressler Fire Department where there was no TMI siren and now there is a P-10 there. I went to the Lower Swatara Fire Department, the Cyclone is still up but on the other side of teh parking lot is a 2001. The sirens do not have to be broken to get 2001... the Cyclone at Lower Swatara Township works great but they decided to put up a 2001 in it's place. If I had a digital camcorder I would go out and video a test but I don't own one of those (and I am broker than broke). There is a good 2 monthes or more before they get tested again....other than the 3 minute test every third month.. they don't get tested (not even a bump on Saturday at Noon). There is a good spot that I know of that is right in between a P-10 and a 2001 (about a half mile from both)... I have to get a recording there next time the test comes up and with some luck I will post it.

Dave Fritz

Do they use this siren only for the TMI plant or is it also used for Tornado warnings?

Trey
YouTube Username: SD10s4ever

Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:35 pm

dboyle wrote:
James wrote:They are replacing all of their broken sirens (P-10s, Cyclones, ect..) with 2001s. We have a guy, Dan W. (from the SchuminWeb), who is going to go out there and record a Cyclone or video a P-10.
actually, that's me (Dan B), not Dan W. I live in TMI's 10-mile emergency planning zone.

our original system was installed in 1982 with ACA Cyclone C-125s and Penetrator 10s. recently, they've been installing and adding FS 2001SNRBs in areas to supplement or replace existing sirens. I was told the reason for the 2001s is that they can be used with battery backup power, whereas the P10s and Cyclones can't.

the past 2 years, they've done the 3-5 minute annual test on june 29 (my birthday) and am hoping that they're doing it that day this year too. I've already taken the day off of work.

to those who haven't heard the infamous siren test I posted from last year of a P-10 firing up, I'll make a new post today. I have to find a good FTP first though
Damn, sorry man! I thought I had something wrong....guess it was that "danwiess" username on eBay.

dboyle

Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:07 am

scooterbugs25 wrote: Do they use this siren only for the TMI plant or is it also used for Tornado warnings?
they'll fire em off for weather emergencies too. have never been around for any siren activations other than testing and one malfunction at 2:00 am (that was a fun experience...... not)

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”