texaschad25

Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:39 am

there's no telling what a 50' pole and siren combination would weigh but i would be willing to bet it would be close to a ton. Looks like it would be enough to either break the eyehook or rip the intake.

JasonC
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: Jsncrso

Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:50 am

hobbeekid wrote:Guys,

The upper & lower intakes are made out of welded steel.1/8 in thick There should be no problem with weight issues when lifting both siren and
pole out of the ground.Or cutting pole at the base & lifting with a crane. It's in the design of the unit . I would'nt say anything if I did'nt have two of em myself......
1/8' welded steel is strong, but theres no way you'd lift the siren AND pole up from a 90 degree position and not cause some damage. What I was referring to earlier is how utility trucks erect telephone poles. Either that have a special pole setter which grabs the pole, or the use a sling from a bucket truck. What was in question here was could the 2T22 support it's weight horizontally while the pole was being erected. I think so, but I've never owned a 2T22 and I've only touched one so I cant offer to much other than what the manual stated.

AllSafe

Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:24 am

Saw a 2T22 on vacation recently which had a much larger lower intake tube than stock. It appeared that someone welded on a 6" pipe to the bottom intake, possibly as a repair to the original mounting.
Ich spreche nicht Deutsch...doh!

hobbeekid

Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:08 am

well then,I guess the manuel overrules everything I previously stated then.I did'nt bother to read the online one.

Robert Gift

Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:21 am

AllSafe, do you have a photograph?

I don't understand what is meant by a 6" tube.
Thanks,

AllSafe

Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:41 pm

Unfortunately, I don't. I'm talking about the lower intake pipe on the siren, which normally has lugs on it to mount it to the top of a pole.
Ich spreche nicht Deutsch...doh!

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”