StonedChipmunk

Wed May 02, 2007 6:06 pm

Jason - Before you finalize it, I added the "sharp" versions too. Plus, I need to make those dashes blue. Thanks for reminding me!
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence indicating that you tried.

JasonC
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: Jsncrso

Wed May 02, 2007 6:11 pm

Also, the true dimensions of the logo are 12 3/4" across, and 2 7/8" tall, whether or not the 10"x3" CafePress offerers is the best, I don't know, I'll look for some other sticker printers with no minimum orders.

EDIT: Zazzle does 11"x3". If anything, you can size the logo inside the sticker and cut off the excess. It'll be smaller, but the dimensions will be truer. Stoned, do you think you could size the logos to the original specs, plus the 10x3 and 11x3 as well? I think trimming off the excess white wont be to bad.

Your working hard, I may have to send you some old 1980's ACA brochures :wink:
Last edited by JasonC on Wed May 02, 2007 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StonedChipmunk

Wed May 02, 2007 6:26 pm

I will see what I can do. But for now, so I don't have to keep changing 4 versions, which ones should I keep? The sharp, rounded, backgrounded... which ones? And karma will do perfectly fine in payment. Unless you have something hanging around the house... possibly a small siren? ^.^

EDIT: I'ma take a break for a hour or so... but afterwards, I will have the original, "true", 11x3, and 10x3 versions in Round Clear, Round CD Yellow, Sharp Clear, and Sharp CD Yellow (a total of 12 images... oh boy...)

JasonC
Administrator
Administrator

Wed May 02, 2007 6:38 pm

Now we're talking! For now, go with the Final Sharp clear...

...as this is as close to the original logo as I can tell.

I guess, if you can, size it to scale at:

12 3/4" x 2 7/8" (original true dimensions)
10"x3" (CafePress)
11"x3" (Zazzle, also does 1.5" & 3" circles, good for CD stickers).

Ok, I think Im calmed down enough to go back outside and work on finishing the fabrication of the collector ring plate for the solenoids.

Oh, and no small sirens here (I sold all but 2 a couple of years ago) but you'll be first on the list of any I wanna get rid of.

Matt Hackler
YouTube Username: Matt Hackler

Wed May 02, 2007 7:23 pm

This is the last one I think that I'm sticking with. I redid the Federal Logo using one from there site instead of my own scratch made one. Changed the blue to a bit darker and put it in the background and updated the trade mark cert.

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=5371110
"The Federal Thunderbolt siren is a rotating-beam siren that disperses high-intensity warning signals over a large area." :TBolt:

StonedChipmunk

Wed May 02, 2007 7:47 pm

Here are the final resized versions of both my "Final Sharp Clear" Thunderbolt Logo and my CD Logo. Sorry I was too lazy to make it actually just the right dimensions, I'm really getting tired of touching up every single detail, so I just resized them. (That's not to mean I'm not accepting advice, I just took the easier route.)

Thunderbolt Logos

12 3/4" x 2 7/8" (True):

10" x 3" (CafePress):

11" x 3" (Zazzle):

Civil Defense Logos
(I'm assuming by 3" and 1.5" you meant the diameters.)

3":

1.5":

Heh, we're FINALLY getting that Thunderbolt logo in high-quality computerized graphics... I have been waiting for this day forever...

JasonC
Administrator
Administrator

Wed May 02, 2007 8:01 pm

I think thats it! Anyone else have any comments or suggestions? Also, those graphics you just posted, are those the final ones (resolution-wise) or just the final previews? I'm gonna try and get them ordered up tonight.

StonedChipmunk

Wed May 02, 2007 8:51 pm

Those are the final ones. BTW, are the circular sticker dimensions diameters or radii? It would be cool to order those up along with the Thunderbolt ones.

And I've come to a conclusion: for making the designs (and spending all day doing it), I deserve a few. (If you're seriously considering sending me some, I'd prefer 2 Zazzle TB logos and 2 3" CD stickers. PM me to get the shipping details and such.)

NOTE: I've tried the Zazzle designer and apparently the image won't be big enough. Something went wrong... lemme try again...

Oh, oops, I had the wrong pixels-per-inch. Zazzle allows you to resize the image to fit the sticker, so here's my supersized version:
http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l286/ ... c7a90e.png
I'm not going to image-link it here because it's so freaking BIG!

If you need me to resize it, let me know because I don't want the sticker to look all blurry and crap.

JasonC
Administrator
Administrator

Wed May 02, 2007 9:19 pm

I'm guessing the circular stickers are for diameter (check the Zazzle website at http://www.zazzle.com, it says "1.5 or 3 inch round") I tried your large CD sticker in the 3" template and it comes up somewhat small so maybe it is diameter.

One more nit-pick (I promise this is the last one!!!) Do you think you could sharpen up the tip of the lightning bolt some? Gotta give it that piercing effect!

As for sending you some stickers, I think thats quite fair in considering how much work you've put into this.

Other than that, if anyone else has any suggestions or comments, post them now.

SirenMadness

Wed May 02, 2007 9:23 pm

Two words: kick-arse!
Man, I haven't done digital drawings that good in over a year! Congratulations! :D
~ Peter Radanovic

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”