Trey
YouTube Username: SD10s4ever

Post 3T22/Model 5 short attack

Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:12 am

So Post finally decided to test the sirens today! It's been due a long time; you can see that from all the dust and birds eggs/nests blowing out of the horns in the vid. Preceding the 3T22 activation is the Model 5. Unfortunately there was an alert tone after this attack, but I had packed up and proceeded to the 10V as it was next in line for the test. Testing here is very strange...they do each siren individually...er....somewhat. They do not do a full 3 minutes on each mode. To my knowledge, this siren either can no longer produce the fire signal, or is no longer used at all.

A former member of the board waaaaayyyy back in the day takes care of the sirens here. If anybody remembers Ross Aten, that's who it is. Has a couple sirens of his own.

Anyways, here's the vid...hope you all enjoy:
FS 3T22 Short Attack

JasonC
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: Jsncrso

Re: Post 3T22/Model 5 short attack

Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:39 am

Does Ross still have his personal Thunderbolt on his property?

Trey
YouTube Username: SD10s4ever

Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:25 pm

Good question! I'm not really sure Jason. I know he still has a 2T22 out there. I haven't seen that Thunderbolt in a few years though. Something makes me think it fell over a few years ago and has never been reinstalled.

Travis
YouTube Username: DL1011

Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:23 pm

Good video.

I could never get a hold of Ross to meet up with him or check out his personal setup. They definitely have a lot land outside of post...and their own street name for that matter. I tried contacting him on facebook and linked in but to no avail.
-The Princess

Return to “Videos and Media”