murrfarms
YouTube Username: murrfarms

Re: NC Fire Siren is coming back.

Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:17 am

I had a sneaking suspicion that the Todds might have had something to do with the refurbishment, since that's right in their neck of the woods. :wink: Maybe he'll (idk6000) see this and have some neat restoration pictures and whatnot to share. Pretty slick-looking paint job!
-Ian M.

PeachtreeSirens
YouTube Username: PeachtreeSirens

Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:37 pm

It brings a smile to my face to see older sirens get a new lease on life like that.
Don't wait. Take a siren photo today.
I was VASirens, but I moved.Check out IRC!
Proud owner of a frozen Model A, a Darley Champion "L", an Ademco 12V beehive, a few horns, a brass whistle and several old weather radios that sound like sirens. Those last three count, right?

idk6000

Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:58 pm

Yea, we did a little bit of work on this one. We more or less directed them in what to do since I'm at school 200 miles away and my dad is busy. They got most of the stuff done like wiring it out and putting together the resources to mount the siren and pole.My dad has went and helped them a couple times but I just couldn't make it down there.This was an interesting project since they did not want the siren to sound at night for fire calls but still wanted the storm alert capability at night. So we had to incorporate another night time timer to cut out the fire portion of the relay only at night though. I will be going down there next weekend and wiring in the FC controller and should be able to get some pictures and a test video up next Saturday.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”