Sherwin1958

Finally my first sirens!

Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:52 pm

Well I think I just voted myself officially crazy! I just took a bite and got some big boys for the first two sirens in my collection. I got two Federal Signals, a 2t-22, and a 3t22a siren for my firsts. Since I have now dove into the deep end, could anyone give this first timer some advice and I dunno maybe talk me out of it LOL :wink: Are there any special care tips, testing tips, etc...I basically bought them from the city sight unseen knowing that they worked coming out of service, but beyond that nothing else...aside from the fact I wanted them! Any words of wisdom, or help would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
sirens.jpg

Bryan

Re: Finally my first sirens!

Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:00 pm

First thing you'll wanna do is simply just get it back to your location without damaging the cones and what not. Your best bet will be take the cones off, top hat, and intakes off. Basically you'll wanna break it down to the main core (rotors, stators, and motor) that will make it easy to move. Unless you have some equipment that you can load the sirens with and keep them up right while towing them. I wouldn't worry too much about the technical stuff till you get it back. Once you haul it back we'll be able to tell you a bit better on how to check it and what not.
Owner/Operator of SirenTex LLC

Proud of a Federal Signal Thunderbolt 1000T, 2t22A, Model 2t, Model 3 Model 5, SD-10, STH-10, American Signal Corp. T-128, Whelen WPS-2750 and too many Whelen Lights

hobbeekid

Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:28 am

They are much easier to store and handle in pieces also...

Andys Live WX
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: andyt1424

Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:11 am

Is it just me, or does the intake tube on the 3T22 look slightly shorter than the 2T22?
Regards,
Andy Thompson
Electrician
http://www.somnwx,com
Owner of a 3T22A

estokke09
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: estokke09

Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:23 am

It could be depth perception. The one horn on the 3t22 is blocking part of it.
Proud owner of a 3, CS3, Erick

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”