Robert Gift

Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:11 pm

mgear wrote:... also popular in Europe, US, Asia, Middle East nad Afreca, etc...." Hahaha it says nad Afreca .
Don't laugh.
Are you bilingual - able to read and write in both Chinese and English?
I also speak German, but it is much like English. Chinese is in an entirely different universe.
I would be thrilled to speak both Chinese and English so well and make such insignificant mistakes.
I do enjoy reading ChinesEngrish instructions. Some are hilarious.
As is some of my wife's English.

SirenMadness

Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:14 am

Robert Gift wrote:Chinese "rocket" design may just happen to resemble American rocket designs simply because it is a good, efficient, compact design - not because they are copying anyone else.
There is little doubt that the design, so similar to the Model 2, from the company is an original design from it; I'm not saying that they are stealing designs.
~ Peter Radanovic

Robert Gift

Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:31 am

SirenMadness wrote:
Robert Gift wrote:Chinese "rocket" design may just happen to resemble American rocket designs simply because it is a good, efficient, compact design - not because they are copying anyone else.
There is little doubt that the design, so similar to the Model 2, from the company is an original design from it; I'm not saying that they are stealing designs.
I'd say they ARE stealing that design to mimic the popular rocket design sirens on so many American fire houses.
The concave disk cover design I think is a superior design.
My design would have two concave exponential shaped disks )( to form an exponential path out of the stator ports. ()([]<

SoundOff
YouTube Username: yuandrew

Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:12 am

FirstSiren2T22 wrote:Has anyone ever seen a pic of one of their sirens in the wild? I've only seen pics of them with a white background. I haven't posted on this board in a long time, so newer pics of their sirens might have come out that I haven't seen.
So far, the only one I know of is the model JDL-480
http://www.lksos.com/lk-jdl480.htm

That's Robert Gift's hand in the pictures; I think he took these a year ago while visiting Yantai, China
"Calling Out To All"

Robert Gift

Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:31 am

Soundoff, thank you for posting this, and the convenient link. Nice job!

This was taken two days after the August 25th Yantai City annual test.

The main, even bigger, siren, which was pushed up on a pole out of the below ground military bunker atop Yantai Mountain, which I snuck up to record, did not sound.

But we heard the one shown almost directly west.
We could hear but not find it.
I zoomed in at the sound but could not see it in the viewfinder.
Only when we got to my wife's parent's apartment and watched the video on TV could we make it out.

Two days later we rode bicycles to this building, and after climbing four different stairways to the top floor, finally found a hatch in the ceiling.
My wife footed a metal piece I found which served as a ladder and I quietly snuck up to the roof. (Do they serve fresh vegetable in China prison?)

Motor plate reads 50 Hz, 380 V.
In my hurry to get out of there, I failed to count ports. (Must be 10 port if 500 Hz tone at 50Hz)
When I find the DV tape, I'll listen to the pitch.
(A magnet somewhere cleverly draws the rotor to park with vanes blocking ports!)

Assuming my e-mails were monitored while in China, my wife forbade my sending this from China.
Even now, the Chinese Government could deny a visa to allow me to visit.
On the other hand, they may (should) be proud of their sirens and if knowing
I own a Federal Signal 2t22A air raid siren and am NOT an American Imperialist Spy!,
may allow me to return......Please!

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”