Q2b is $2,185
$1,960 for recessed Q

A Unitrol 80K 200 watt electonic siren amplifier is $500 plus two TS100
speakers = $825

Electronic sirens have a P.A. and can be instantly silenced
whereas a Q is only a siren.

q2bman

Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:01 pm

Butttttttttttttttt.........................

A Q is a whole bunch louder, has better penetration cause of the wave it produces, projects omnidirectionally, and will last for freaken years. One Q can be transplanted to several generations of fire truck.

That stinking Eq crap will not last forever, the speaker projects forward only, produces a sinewave, and like you said Robert, is no louder than any other 200 watt electronic siren. And in most cases PA is not an issue. Come on, you got a fire truck behind you with all those freaken lights they cram on them these days, Grover Airhorns, A Q siren at full RPM, and a Whelen siren. YOUR NOT GOING TO MOVE? I think a three year old would know what to do. PA is only good for up close voice instructions and most of my experience with PA trying to get people to move as a cop was a waiste of my time. I had better luck jumping the median.

And I see the writing on the wall. The stupid Eq will soon be the only thing on the dang truck. It produces Emergency Horn sound and yelp and that stupid wail. Soon, they will do away with the real horns, the real Q and all we will be left with is a eQ2b.

The day I see omnidirectional 400 watt drivers on the front bumper I'll be happy.
Q2B or not 2B that is the question.

Shinkansen

Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:38 am

on the topic of EQ's which truck has the EQ? http://youtube.com/watch?v=t_RKecpBFIE
Blades will bleed. Shields Will Shatter. But as the light fades, will the Hero rise again? Or will darkness rein?

SoundOff
YouTube Username: yuandrew

Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:26 am

It's hard to see unless you look closely but it would probably be the first truck. If you look at the second one, you can clearly see a normal Q on the middle of the front bumper.

Here's a better eQ2b video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c_tlnH1frs

q2bman

Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:33 pm

Shinkansen wrote:on the topic of EQ's which truck has the EQ? http://youtube.com/watch?v=t_RKecpBFIE
Neither of those trucks have an Eq.
Q2B or not 2B that is the question.

Robert Gift

Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:25 pm

q2bman wrote:Butttttttttttttttt.........................
A Q is a whole bunch louder, has better penetration cause of the wave it produces, projects omnidirectionally, and will last for freaken years. One Q can be transplanted to several generations of fire truck.That stinking Eq crap will not last forever...
Good point about it being transplanted - if anyone bothers to do it now-a-days.
Didn't know the eQ may not last.
But I dislike omnidirectionality.
q2bman wrote:, the speaker projects forward only, produces a sinewave, and like you said Robert, is no louder than any other 200 watt electronic siren. And in most cases PA is not an issue. Come on, you got a fire truck behind you with all those freaken lights they cram on them these days, Grover Airhorns, A Q siren at full RPM, and a Whelen siren. YOUR NOT GOING TO MOVE? I think a three year old would know what to do. PA is only good for up close voice instructions and most of my experience with PA trying to get people to move as a cop was a waiste of my time.
You just need to learn Spanish and Ebonics.
Mexicans and Blacks, followed by Asians, often have no idea what to do.
But drivers have been very helpful when I ask politely and clearly and the siren is not panicking everyone.
q2bman wrote:I had better luck jumping the median.
I hate doing that because of possible tire damage and picking up nails on the median.
But I do it gently and so far have lucked out.
But I hate lucking out.
Have argued with Denver traffic engineering about mountable curbs.
They claim citizens will cross raised medians, possibly causing collisions, to turn around to avoid traffic blockages ahead.
q2bman wrote:And I see the writing on the wall. The stupid Eq will soon be the only thing on the dang truck. It produces Emergency Horn sound and yelp and that stupid wail. Soon, they will do away with the real horns, the real Q and all we will be left with is a eQ2b.
The day I see omnidirectional 400 watt drivers on the front bumper I'll be happy.
I like that, but it is overkill.

loudmouth

Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:31 pm

i donno its kinda weird a electronic siren with a "brake"
its like a electric paino that we had in the Jazz band that acctuly had a mode called Silent mode where the paino was on and volume is all the way up and nothing would come out... the band leader/ derector for the highschool jazz and orcstra band had a 20 min rant which was todaly comical about who was the genius who though up that mode on a electronic paino...

Robert Gift

Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:57 pm

I don't understand it either, but when I played in that mode, everyone said I never sounded better!

loudmouth

Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:19 pm

hehehehe :lol: :lol: good one robert

Return to “Other Warning Systems - Indoor, Outdoor and Vehicular”