ACAP10

Billings MT P20/RM-130 for tornado warning

Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:56 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gMmyAMcajM

Skip to 6:05...he got a good shot of the funnel cloud as he's pulling away!

500 AT fan

Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:44 pm

Minor correction, it'd be PN20, not P-20.
Good to see it's still used. Sounds a bit higher pitched than usual.

ver tum
YouTube Username: LouisvilleTorn8o

Re: Billings MT P20/RM-130 for tornado warning

Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:50 am

I accidentally woke my girlfriend up yesterday laughing my head off when the guy said "Let's get the f*** out of here!" and zoomed away. That was a pretty dumb thing for him to do if you ask me.

Sounds like there's another even higher pitched RM-130 in the distance.
Josh
Owner of a Federal Signal Model D
Audio
YouTube

Travis
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: DL1011

Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:56 pm

500 AT fan wrote:Minor correction, it'd be PN20, not P-20.
Minor correction: All the sirens I have seen personally in Billings were RM-130's. Those versions don't have 25 batteries, either.
-The Princess

500 AT fan

Come on.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:04 pm

What I was trying to say is the ACA name for it was PN20, not P-20. I'm quite aware the ones made by ASC were named RM 130, and I'm not implying Billing's sirens are ACA branded, either. Where in my post did I say it wouldn't have been named RM 130? Explain that, please.

CJ

Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:50 pm

SirenkiD wrote:
500 AT fan wrote:Minor correction, it'd be PN20, not P-20.
Minor correction: All the sirens I have seen personally in Billings were RM-130's. Those versions don't have 25 batteries, either.
I don't quite think Justin was correcting him on the RM-130 part of the name... read the post before you go slamming people.
~Charlie J.

ver tum
YouTube Username: LouisvilleTorn8o

Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:08 pm

Here's something interesting about Billings's system. The OP says that they test their sirens once a week. I was surprised that they even test them once a year, with as fiew tornados as they have.
Josh
Owner of a Federal Signal Model D
Audio
YouTube

jkvernon

Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:51 pm

500 AT fan - "What I was trying to say is the ACA name for it was PN20, not P-20. I'm quite aware the ones made by ASC were named RM 130, and I'm not implying Billing's sirens are ACA branded, either. Where in my post did I say it wouldn't have been named RM 130? Explain that, please."

500 AT fan - "I talked to Jim Biersach about it a while back. The yellow ones were Performance + Penetrators, and the gray/improved ones were PN20s. One main difference between the two is that the Performance + Penetrator used 25 batteries, and the PN20 used not so many. I don't know where "RM-130" originated."

500 AT fan - "What I meant was I didn't seen anything like a catalog or brochure from ASC stating the RM/OM names."

You're welcome.
Neck Ties...Contracts...High Voltage!

500 AT fan

Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:26 pm

You live, you learn. We're not perfectionists. Deal with it.

And I've learned since (from an ASC worker) RM 130 was a real name. Stop bashing on me just because I was wrong back then. I don't bash any of you people for anything you've been wrong about in the past, do I?

CJ

Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:32 pm

jkvernon wrote:500 AT fan - "What I was trying to say is the ACA name for it was PN20, not P-20. I'm quite aware the ones made by ASC were named RM 130, and I'm not implying Billing's sirens are ACA branded, either. Where in my post did I say it wouldn't have been named RM 130? Explain that, please."

500 AT fan - "I talked to Jim Biersach about it a while back. The yellow ones were Performance + Penetrators, and the gray/improved ones were PN20s. One main difference between the two is that the Performance + Penetrator used 25 batteries, and the PN20 used not so many. I don't know where "RM-130" originated."

500 AT fan - "What I meant was I didn't seen anything like a catalog or brochure from ASC stating the RM/OM names."

You're welcome.
Get over peoples' mistakes. We are all human. While Justin shouldn't have pushed incorrect information at least he has the balls to stick his hands up and say that he was wrong!

And to be honest, arguing over something that's getting very old, tiring and the name of a bloody siren? Just leave it guys, it doesn't make yourself look good slamming someone that made a mistake. You may as well go and change your name to Adolf Hitler if you want to keep this up, because you do not seem to show any sympathy towards human nature.

You're welcome.
~Charlie J.

Return to “Videos and Media”