Captain Dynamite
Premium Member
Premium Member

Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:14 am

I somehow thought that siren was one from the United Kingdom. It does resemble a Castle Casting, Gents, Carter model siren. I hope it can be recorded and seen running. I will say it is a different English siren to look at because of all the extra rotor blades and ports. The windown will be a long one because of how big the rotors are. It looks like the Big Daddy of United Kingdom sirens because it looks larger to the standard ten and twelve port models. That siren is a nice find indeed.

Daniel

Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:50 am

My mistake. It is a Canadian siren. This was taken from an earlier post about historical photos of a siren factory in Toronto. Look at the one in the back on the right.

Lex orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.

Model2

Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:41 am

I emailed the fire station requesting some info, if they don't reply back within a few days, I'll give the fire chief a call.

Captain Dynamite
Premium Member
Premium Member

Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:57 am

Daniel wrote:My mistake. It is a Canadian siren. This was taken from an earlier post about historical photos of a siren factory in Toronto. Look at the one in the back on the right.
Okay. Yes I saw it in the thread on historical photos of the siren factory in Toronto. Yes I see it at the back of the photo.
Model2 wrote:I emailed the fire station requesting some info, if they don't reply back within a few days, I'll give the fire chief a call.
Okay. I am looking forward to information on this Canadian siren.

Model2

Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:59 pm

Model2 wrote:I found this gem in Bothwell, Ontario.

What in the heck kind of siren is this?

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 8,,0,-1.17
Just received an email that my question has been forwarded to the fire chief. Nearly a month after I sent the email :lol:

SirenMadness

Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:39 pm

It's March Break for us starting this Saturday, and I am more than likely going to Sarnia, and I might drop by at Bothwell before that, so we'll have to see. I'm really excited, though!
~ Peter Radanovic

Model2

Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:28 pm

SirenMadness wrote:It's March Break for us starting this Saturday, and I am more than likely going to Sarnia, and I might drop by at Bothwell before that, so we'll have to see. I'm really excited, though!
Courtright and Corunna test their fire sirens on Sunday at 7pm. I'm 100% certain the Corunna model 2 has been fixed. Courtright has a model 5/7 check the siren archive for photos I took. Just saying! :lol:

A pit stop in Bothwell would be... fantastic!

SirenMadness

Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:12 pm

LOL, if only I could go that far, that'd be awesome! It looks like rain on Saturday, but I'll still most likely be going. If I end up taking pictures, I hope they turn out good in the rainy weather. I just hope the forecast is changed to sunny.
~ Peter Radanovic

Model2

Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:11 am

SirenMadness wrote:LOL, if only I could go that far, that'd be awesome! It looks like rain on Saturday, but I'll still most likely be going. If I end up taking pictures, I hope they turn out good in the rainy weather. I just hope the forecast is changed to sunny.
Corunna is connected to Sarnia, about 5km south of downtown. :wink: Courtright is about 5km south of Corunna. Both towns are along the St. Clair River.

kswx29

Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:48 pm

In Southcentral Kansas there lies a town named Harper. Well, they have some odd sirens.
This first one looks like a soundmaster, i think. But the horns are kind of wierd.
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=37.2 ... 4,,0,-0.19
Then there is this siren on the other side of town...
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=37.2 ... ,,0,-19.43

The only other siren I've found in town is a STL or STH 10.
-Once known as 2t22boy (Dylan)
Youtube | Flickr

Return to “Mystery Sirens”