Alasiren1977

11/07/09 Franklin, TN 2001 test

Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:20 pm

Well I decided to go record this siren today b/c they said they had fixed this one's rotor problem. Obviously something went wrong cause it stopped rotating about 40 seconds in to it and start to rev really high. Sorry that is a bit shaky, i was at a Sonic Drive In and didn't have my tripod.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BMP10rXheA

coppercarl
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: TheWeatherGuys

Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:08 pm

My guess would be that when the rotator stopped more power when to the siren itself and caused it to spin faster, thus making the siren more high pitched, and annoying, than it already was.
Ian Tate
Facebook

Charlie Davidson
Developer
Developer
YouTube Username: soccerdude7330Official

Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:46 pm

It's got to be the controller. Something has either shorted out in the wiring or the controller has gone wild. You should show this video to the mayor next time you see him and see what he thinks about it, maybe something will finally be done about it.

Anywho, still a great video! I've recorded that siren twice and both times the rotator was dead.
Charlie Davidson

Storm Chasing? Storm Chasing.
Proud owner of a fully operational Thunderbolt 1000T warning siren. Test your speakers.

The YouTube Channel is alive again.

Looking for a manual? I probably have it here: SirenManuals.com

JasonC
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: Jsncrso

Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:23 pm

coppercarl wrote:My guess would be that when the rotator stopped more power when to the siren itself and caused it to spin faster, thus making the siren more high pitched, and annoying, than it already was.
That's probably what happened.

Alasiren1977

Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:02 am

soccerdude7330 wrote:It's got to be the controller. Something has either shorted out in the wiring or the controller has gone wild. You should show this video to the mayor next time you see him and see what he thinks about it, maybe something will finally be done about it.

Anywho, still a great video! I've recorded that siren twice and both times the rotator was dead.
Oh he already has it. He said anytime I see a problem with any of them to let him know.

Alasiren1977

Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:35 am

soccerdude7330 wrote:It's got to be the controller. Something has either shorted out in the wiring or the controller has gone wild. You should show this video to the mayor next time you see him and see what he thinks about it, maybe something will finally be done about it.

Got an email back from the mayor and he has decided that Franklin will now be doing 2 tests per month, the first and third Saturday at 1pm. Because of this video he was able to prove to city council that Franklin has some serious issues with their sirens, and it would be best to go to twice a month testing. The next test will be this coming Saturday and half the fire dept will be at certain sirens and the police at the others.

Return to “Videos and Media”