Charlie Davidson
Developer
Developer
YouTube Username: soccerdude7330Official

Brentwood, TN 2001-SRN Siren Ambience (Attack Mode) 9-5-09

Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:12 am

Here is a video of 3 of the 17 sirens in the Brentwood system. I attempted to record the 2001 on Sunset Road but since it didn't go off we just gave up and went on. 15 minutes later at one of the houses that my dad's employees are working on, the sirens finally went off for the test, 15 minutes late. So I booked on out to the vehicle to grab my camera real quick and this is what I caught:

http://davidsonfirealarms.com/videos/Br ... 9-5-09.mp4
**56K warning, 32MB full 1080p HD video file!!**

All 3 sirens were very close and very loud where I was. They were merely a mile apart from each other and luckily I found myself in the middle of them.

I also attempted to record a Vanderbilt Modulator that also didn't go off today. Apparently the Vanderbilt system test was canceled at the last minute, however I did get an ATI going off in the video, but I don't think that qualifies as a siren to post :wink: Maybe I'll have some better luck next month.

Enjoy!
Charlie Davidson

Storm Chasing? Storm Chasing.
Proud owner of a fully operational Thunderbolt 1000T warning siren. Test your speakers.

The YouTube Channel is alive again.

Looking for a manual? I probably have it here: SirenManuals.com

Melvin Potts

Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:18 pm

Charlie:

Which Sunset Rd. siren were you attempting to record?

There are 2 on Sunset. One is at the FS just off Concord Rd; other is near entrance to Copperstone subdivision.

Last time I heard one of the Brentwood sirens it was the one near Copperstone. I drove around in the subdivision until I heard it, then turned around and went back towards Sunset Rd.; got to see the siren rotate as it slowed down.

Interesting about VU sirens. I think there's a longer test once a year; remember seeing something in the paper or maybe on the school website.
I do recall hearing that test..although faintly..inside the sanctuary at Concordia Lutheran Church one Saturday. I believe this test was at 10 instead of noon and lasted 2 or 3 minutes.

Yesterday I got to my car just before the Nashville ATI test. Could hear the West End Middle School ATI clearly while sitting beside the church. I headed towards the direction of VU, but never heard anything. Wonder why they didn't do the test?

I just wonder if something may be wrong with the Brentwood sirens. You mentioned one time that the Holly Tree Gap Rd. siren didn't sound when system was tested.

Alasiren1977

Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:32 pm

I live in the Cool Springs area in Franklin and I dont think our sirens even went off on Saturday. I waited outside for half and hour and never heard anything. I live close to the Moores Lane 2001 (part of the Brentwood system) and never heard that one, and I even drove past it and it had not moved from its original position. Hmm there must be something going on with system cause even last month some of the sirens didnt go off either.

Charlie Davidson
Developer
Developer
YouTube Username: soccerdude7330Official

Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:01 pm

Melvin Potts wrote:Charlie:

Which Sunset Rd. siren were you attempting to record?
I attempted to record the one closest to the Fire Station right off from the intersection at the top of the hill.

I believe they reason they put off the test until 15min later is because the FD was on call. While we were waiting for it to go off a fire truck and ambulance hauled on down the road with their lights and sirens blaring (which I also got on video).

My dad drove back by the siren after the test and it was facing a different direction. That particular siren can be heard in the video, listen for the higher pitched one near the end of the video.

I heard Franklin's sirens going spot-on at 1AM barely from a distance. I could only hear a siren from that direction when it would down to its lowest pitch in the Attack signal. I'll review the video and see if I can hear it.

I did catch an ATI siren in the Vanderbilt video but I don't think it's worth sharing :wink: Maybe I'll have some better luck next month in Franklin. Not sure what I'm gonna record yet though, preferably another 2001, unless we decide to head back over to Lebanon to record something different.
Alasiren1977 wrote:I live in the Cool Springs area in Franklin and I dont think our sirens even went off on Saturday. I waited outside for half and hour and never heard anything. I live close to the Moores Lane 2001 (part of the Brentwood system) and never heard that one, and I even drove past it and it had not moved from its original position. Hmm there must be something going on with system cause even last month some of the sirens didnt go off either.
Sounds like I need to give a call to the FD and see what's going on. I tried calling the other day and I never got anyone to answer.

That reminds me, we also went by the Centennial High 2001 and it was still pointed in the same direction as it was the last few months, which leads me to believe that the rotator is broken...again. I wonder who goes out and tests/services their system yearly..because they must not be doing too god of a job.
Charlie Davidson

Storm Chasing? Storm Chasing.
Proud owner of a fully operational Thunderbolt 1000T warning siren. Test your speakers.

The YouTube Channel is alive again.

Looking for a manual? I probably have it here: SirenManuals.com

Alasiren1977

Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:38 pm

I do know that Franklin and Brentwood operate and maintain the sirens independently from each other. I have tried to contact the fire stations as well in the past and got no results; however I did contact the Franklin Mayor and he was very responsive and was not aware there were problems and jumped on it really quickly and resolved some issues.

Return to “Videos and Media”