Conky 2000

Sands Montessori

Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:05 pm

I am also not sure of the fate of the Thunderbolt on top of Sands Montessori school in Mt. Washington. They are building a completely new school, and will be tearing the old one (which the Tbolt is on top of) down. It might just be moved to the new school.
If your siren is a-failin'
Chances are that it's a Whelen
And if it's just about to die
Then it must be an ATI

nickrusche

People Working Coopertively SD-10

Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:51 pm

Oldiesmann wrote
Speaking of SD-10s, does anyone know if the one at People Working Cooperatively in Bond Hill has been righted? I first found it sometime last year and it was laying on its side. Clayton said that the organization had knocked it over when putting a new roof on their building. I assumed it would be fixed fairly quickly since it's near a busy intersection (Paddock Road and Tennessee Avenue), but when I went by it again a few months ago, it was still laying on its side.
I went by there earlier this month and the SD-10 was back up, but at different location I believe.

Oldiesmann
YouTube Username: Oldiesmann

Re: People Working Coopertively SD-10

Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:55 pm

nickrusche wrote:Oldiesmann wrote
Speaking of SD-10s, does anyone know if the one at People Working Cooperatively in Bond Hill has been righted? I first found it sometime last year and it was laying on its side. Clayton said that the organization had knocked it over when putting a new roof on their building. I assumed it would be fixed fairly quickly since it's near a busy intersection (Paddock Road and Tennessee Avenue), but when I went by it again a few months ago, it was still laying on its side.
I went by there earlier this month and the SD-10 was back up, but at different location I believe.
It was originally on the garage behind their offices and visible from Tennessee just after crossing over Paddock (heading north).
Michael "Oldiesmann" Eshom
SMF

nickrusche

Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:54 pm

It still is on the garage, but on the side of the roof closest to I-71

carexpertandy
YouTube Username: carexpertandy

Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:05 am

Hey, did anyone see my most recent post after this one on this topic?
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

carexpertandy

Re: Sands Montessori

Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:21 am

Thunderboltlover wrote:
Jpressman8 wrote:
bellyjae wrote:Was it said somewhere that it was gone?I passed it today and its either still up, or is back up :)
No. It is still there I drove past there on the 4th coming back from the Reds game. I had told Andy about the Tbolt on the old YMCA building on Columbia Parkway and Delta Av. The building had been torn down and the Tbolt was removed.
What replaced it?
Nothing did as of yet. :( The city of Cincinnati seems to be in the process of replacing all of their sirens though.
Conky 2000 wrote:I am also not sure of the fate of the Thunderbolt on top of Sands Montessori school in Mt. Washington. They are building a completely new school, and will be tearing the old one (which the Tbolt is on top of) down. It might just be moved to the new school.
I'm sorry to say this, but I doubt it. Just like what I said above, it seems that the city is in the process of relacing all of their sirens.
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

Oldiesmann
YouTube Username: Oldiesmann

Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:16 pm

That model 5 in New Baltimore looks pretty rough. Is it even in use anymore? I remember someone (possibly you) saying that it wasn't part of the county system.
Michael "Oldiesmann" Eshom
SMF

Jpressman8

Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:05 pm

Oldiesmann wrote:That model 5 in New Baltimore looks pretty rough. Is it even in use anymore? I remember someone (possibly you) saying that it wasn't part of the county system.
It still has some sort of antenna on it ,but that could also be CB radio. As for if it is still in use I could'nt say. I'll try to find out. I'm hoping it is still used. That area of the county could use all the warning sirens they can get.
five liter V8

carexpertandy

Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:45 pm

Jpressman8 wrote:
Oldiesmann wrote:That model 5 in New Baltimore looks pretty rough. Is it even in use anymore? I remember someone (possibly you) saying that it wasn't part of the county system.
It still has some sort of antenna on it ,but that could also be CB radio. As for if it is still in use I could'nt say. I'll try to find out. I'm hoping it is still used. That area of the county could use all the warning sirens they can get.
It's definetly not an HCEMA siren. If it's still used, it's a fire siren. On the Hamilton County siren map, there are only the EOWSs shown in Crosby Twp, so yeah.

Return to “Community Systems”