CinWx

Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:12 pm

You should probably change that Groesbeck siren to an H model Sterling (the M was a low speed siren with a brake mechanism). I've never seen siren 131 on the map, so I don't know if it's also an H.

carexpertandy
YouTube Username: carexpertandy

Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:25 am

Hey guys, remember that document on the city's website that had a list of the city's sirens included? I just noticed that the SD-10s on top of the United Way building (2400 Reading Rd) and Loud and Clear Inc. (242 W Mickmicken Ave) are not on the list. Do any of you know if either of those are still there?
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

carexpertandy

Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:44 pm

As far as Clayton knows, the SD-10 on United Way is still in use, and I also asked about Loud and Clear, I haven't heard anything yet, but I'm assuming it's still in use as well, so I put both on my map.
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

carexpertandy

Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:26 pm

Well, you guys are going to be upset. Clayton says that he removed the SD-10 on Loud and Clear a few weeks ago. :( Well, the Thunderbolts around there should provide good coverage.

Oldiesmann
YouTube Username: Oldiesmann

Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:58 pm

I read that part and thought I did copy the entire link. I must have missed something last time. It's working now.
Michael "Oldiesmann" Eshom
SMF

bellyjae

Downtown YMCA Tbolt????

Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:48 am

Was it said somewhere that it was gone?I passed it today and its either still up, or is back up :)
"Hi floor! Make me a sammich!"

Conky 2000

Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:10 am

On the last siren test date, I recorded the Thunderbolt on the corner of Beechmont Avenue and Markley, in the power station. I will put the video up on YouTube soon.
If your siren is a-failin'
Chances are that it's a Whelen
And if it's just about to die
Then it must be an ATI

Oldiesmann
YouTube Username: Oldiesmann

Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:06 am

Speaking of SD-10s, does anyone know if the one at People Working Cooperatively in Bond Hill has been righted? I first found it sometime last year and it was laying on its side. Clayton said that the organization had knocked it over when putting a new roof on their building. I assumed it would be fixed fairly quickly since it's near a busy intersection (Paddock Road and Tennessee Avenue), but when I went by it again a few months ago, it was still laying on its side.
Michael "Oldiesmann" Eshom
SMF

Jpressman8

Re: Downtown YMCA Tbolt????

Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:26 am

bellyjae wrote:Was it said somewhere that it was gone?I passed it today and its either still up, or is back up :)
No. It is still there I drove past there on the 4th coming back from the Reds game. I had told Andy about the Tbolt on the old YMCA building on Columbia Parkway and Delta Av. The building had been torn down and the Tbolt was removed.
five liter V8

Thunderboltlover
YouTube Username: thunderboltlover

Re: Downtown YMCA Tbolt????

Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:28 am

Jpressman8 wrote:
bellyjae wrote:Was it said somewhere that it was gone?I passed it today and its either still up, or is back up :)
No. It is still there I drove past there on the 4th coming back from the Reds game. I had told Andy about the Tbolt on the old YMCA building on Columbia Parkway and Delta Av. The building had been torn down and the Tbolt was removed.
What replaced it?

Return to “Community Systems”