bmeiser
YouTube Username: squiddy7863

West Lafayette Thunderbolt Ambiance

Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:32 am

So, my second attempt at recording this ambiance was successful. You can clearly hear the lower pitched 100T on city hall. I couldn't hear the high pitched one on West Lafayette HS as well as I had hoped, but it can still be heard along with at least 1 2001 and some of Purdue's sirens.

My original intent was to record a Thunderbeam near a park, but camera issues and road closures caused me to run late and forced me to stop early and record the system test instead. If I would have known they would test 3 minutes late, I would have continued on to the Thunderbeam. Oh well, there's always next month...

Enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HwQgSDpBDk&fmt=18

Thunderboltlover
YouTube Username: thunderboltlover

Re: West Lafayette Thunderbolt Ambiance

Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:39 am

bmeiser wrote:So, my second attempt at recording this ambiance was successful. You can clearly hear the lower pitched 100T on city hall. I couldn't hear the high pitched one on West Lafayette HS as well as I had hoped, but it can still be heard along with at least 1 2001 and some of Purdue's sirens.

My original intent was to record a Thunderbeam near a park, but camera issues and road closures caused me to run late and forced me to stop early and record the system test instead. If I would have known they would test 3 minutes late, I would have continued on to the Thunderbeam. Oh well, there's always next month...

Enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HwQgSDpBDk&fmt=18
Great video!

It's very cool how they can both be heard during windup

ver tum
YouTube Username: LouisvilleTorn8o

Re: West Lafayette Thunderbolt Ambiance

Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:51 pm

Reminds me of back when I was a kid, and there were different Thunderbolts than now near my grandparents' house.
Josh
Owner of a Federal Signal Model D
Audio
YouTube

Return to “Videos and Media”