bwillcox

Re: Well here it is..The jacked up 1000 up close now

Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:49 am

red04stanggt wrote:"oh well we just serviced that siren".
*cough* bullsh*t *cough*. :evil:

Shoot them an email with that video clip. http://www.snco.us/em/

The chopper bearings or motor are clearly screwed. If they're lucky its just the motor bearings but it'll soon be the whole chopper motor and maybe the RCM when the chopper locks up if they don't fix it properly.

Kansas still has another month or two on its tornado season too. Sheesh. If this was one of the sirens around here I would personally hunt down the emergency manager and PLAY the video clip. But that's just how I roll.
"Highland Village to Chief 480..Are the sirens going off? We're not sure if we set them off right or not." :lol:

kswx29

Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:54 am

bwillcox wrote:

Shoot them an email with that video clip. http://www.snco.us/em

The chopper bearings or motor are clearly screwed. If they're lucky its just the motor bearings but it'll soon be the whole chopper motor and maybe the RCM when the chopper locks up if they don't fix it properly.

Kansas still has another month or two on its tornado season too. Sheesh. If this was one of the sirens around here I would personally hunt down the emergency manager and PLAY the video clip. But that's just how I roll.
That link is for Shawnee County's EM...you want Johnson County's...
http://www.jocoem.org/

Luckily (and not so luckily) this Severe Weather Season has sucked. I was looking on my siren maps, and while the area east of that Tbolt is served by the Tbolt by I-35/67th the areas west and northwest of the Nieman Tbolt arn't covered by any other sirens, which could be bad if we ever get any bad storms.
Even though Shawnee Owns and maintains that siren, I would go ahead and start complaining to the County Emergency Manager, perhaps he can get Shawnee to fix it. With it being located next to a school, playground and shopping center where people spend plenty of time outside I would figure they would want to get it fixed right away. Shawnee County may not have the best Emergency Management out there, but when ever I call in a siren not working, Dave always tells me they are either working on it, or have scheduled it to be repaired.
-Once known as 2t22boy (Dylan)
Youtube | Flickr

red04stanggt

Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:56 am

2t22boy wrote:
bwillcox wrote:

Shoot them an email with that video clip. http://www.snco.us/em

That link is for Shawnee County's EM...you want Johnson County's...
http://www.jocoem.org/

Luckily (and not so luckily) this Severe Weather Season has sucked. I was looking on my siren maps, and while the area east of that Tbolt is served by the Tbolt by I-35/67th the areas west and northwest of the Nieman Tbolt arn't covered by any other sirens, which could be bad if we ever get any bad storms.
Even though Shawnee Owns and maintains that siren, I would go ahead and start complaining to the County Emergency Manager, perhaps he can get Shawnee to fix it. With it being located next to a school, playground and shopping center where people spend plenty of time outside I would figure they would want to get it fixed right away. Shawnee County may not have the best Emergency Management out there, but when ever I call in a siren not working, Dave always tells me they are either working on it, or have scheduled it to be repaired.
I am going to email the guy at joco the video

Jpressman8

Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:31 am

It's crying "Can I get some new bearings please?"
five liter V8

md5
YouTube Username: bctrainers

Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:22 am

red04stanggt, which contact page are you using? The one I tried returned a 404 error.
--bc

red04stanggt

Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:30 am

md5 wrote:red04stanggt, which contact page are you using? The one I tried returned a 404 error.
At the very bottom right hand part of the page theres a link that says Staff. I havent emailed them yet. Wanna do it for me lol

ver tum
YouTube Username: LouisvilleTorn8o

Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:50 pm

holler wrote:Wow, it sounds like the chopper motor bearings are just about locked up. It's an easy fix if they catch it before the load bakes the motor.

Exactly what I was thinking, but I still can't figure out why it's softer than usual. The blower sounds like it's running fine, but could a messed up relief valve cause the chopper to do what it's doing?

They should let you record them running the chopper by itself. If it runs like it should, then it's something with the blower.
Josh
Owner of a Federal Signal Model D
Audio
YouTube

red04stanggt

Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:39 pm

ver tum wrote:
holler wrote:Wow, it sounds like the chopper motor bearings are just about locked up. It's an easy fix if they catch it before the load bakes the motor.

Exactly what I was thinking, but I still can't figure out why it's softer than usual. The blower sounds like it's running fine, but could a messed up relief valve cause the chopper to do what it's doing?

They should let you record them running the chopper by itself. If it runs like it should, then it's something with the blower.
Well I got an email back from the emergency managment and talked to my dad again and they realize now I wasnt bsing about the siren jacked up. Hopefully i'll have an update or know somthing soon

holler
High Leg
High Leg
YouTube Username: Blue10AEmia

Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:23 am

ver tum wrote:

The reason why it sounds soft is because the thunerbolt's horn has a cutoff frequency of 128hz, and with the chopper turning as slow as it is a lot of the sound waves are being cancelled out. Also the chopper needs to be turning at a pretty good speed to make sound.

thunderbolt69

Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:52 am

Hopefully it doesnt sound like this one any time soon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgR0V3AOYOc

Return to “Videos and Media”