holler
High Leg
High Leg
YouTube Username: Blue10AEmia

Tue May 12, 2009 3:44 am

Could be an old horizontal federal. Most of them had 15 port rotors on both ends.

Tannre

Tue May 12, 2009 4:30 am

Daniel wrote:Mexico uses 127V, 60 Hz. household voltage but has a variety of voltages available for large motors. Elektro-Kn?diger sirens were Czech-built sirens (I believe) that were used in China. I believe they were dual-toned, but no European sirens are made with this high pitch. The only sirens I have seen in Mexico were American ones, such as a Model 5 in Veracruz and an STH-10 on a factory in C?rdoba (where this video was taken). Any old Sterling with an insufficient power supply will sound like this, and anyone can build a roof over a siren.
Oh... I never really knew how high pitched the Elektro's were. I just thought that how in the video, the siren has a cage like amplifier and its weather shield.
Tanner L - Your one of only a handful of siren experts of the Oregon area!

Daniel

Tue May 12, 2009 5:47 pm

Tannre wrote:
Daniel wrote:Mexico uses 127V, 60 Hz. household voltage but has a variety of voltages available for large motors. Elektro-Kn?diger sirens were Czech-built sirens (I believe) that were used in China. I believe they were dual-toned, but no European sirens are made with this high pitch. The only sirens I have seen in Mexico were American ones, such as a Model 5 in Veracruz and an STH-10 on a factory in C?rdoba (where this video was taken). Any old Sterling with an insufficient power supply will sound like this, and anyone can build a roof over a siren.
Oh... I never really knew how high pitched the Elektro's were. I just thought that how in the video, the siren has a cage like amplifier and its weather shield.
I doubt this is an Elektro. I don't think any of those made it to the Americas. I believe that the Elektro-Kn?diger had a 10/12 configuration.
Lex orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.

Tannre

Tue May 12, 2009 6:30 pm

Daniel wrote:
Tannre wrote:
I doubt this is an Elektro. I don't think any of those made it to the Americas. I believe that the Elektro-Kn?diger had a 10/12 configuration.
In that case the Elektro is cut right out of the list... What could it be...?

Charlie Davidson
Developer
Developer
YouTube Username: soccerdude7330Official

Tue May 12, 2009 9:30 pm

Tannre wrote:
Daniel wrote:
Tannre wrote:
In that case the Elektro is cut right out of the list... What could it be...?
Well, like I said..I honestly think it's a 2001-130, then yet again, I could be wrong.
Charlie Davidson

Storm Chasing? Storm Chasing.
Proud owner of a fully operational Thunderbolt 1000T warning siren. Test your speakers.

The YouTube Channel is alive again.

Looking for a manual? I probably have it here: SirenManuals.com

Tannre

Tue May 12, 2009 11:47 pm

Well, like I said..I honestly think it's a 2001-130, then yet again, I could be wrong.

You might be right, maybe Mexico gets custom built sirens...?

Daniel

Tue May 12, 2009 11:48 pm

Unless there is some Mexican siren builder I've never heard of, it can only be either a Sterling running a little slow or a 15-port Federal or Mars horizontal unit.
Lex orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.

gil64

Wed May 13, 2009 1:43 am

I have never heard a Sterling siren sound like that. To me it sounds like a 2001-130..... kind of reminds me of one of my first videos I posted on youtube....you all be the judge to comparing the sounds....link below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1nwof9j ... annel_page

holler
High Leg
High Leg
YouTube Username: Blue10AEmia

Wed May 13, 2009 2:55 am

Daniel wrote:Unless there is some Mexican siren builder I've never heard of, it can only be either a Sterling running a little slow or a 15-port Federal or Mars horizontal unit.
Agreed

Return to “Videos and Media”