RamFett

Audio: Tornado Warning in West Allis, WI 6/7/08

Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:37 pm

Here's a really cool audio recording (not mine) I found on Google today. It is audio from a tornado warning in West Allis, WI that took place on 6/7/08. I remember being at work when this storm hit.

Here's the recording.

http://www.soul-amp.com/freebies/tornad ... ul-amp.mp3

Here's the author's blog with some nice pictures of the Greenfield Park P-50.

http://soul-amp.blogspot.com/2008/06/au ... rning.html

The first two sirens you can hear are ones I've taken videos of in person during tests: the P-50 at Greenfield Park in West Allis and the Allertor with the broken rotator off Hwy. 100 in Greenfield, WI. Those two sirens are part of the Milwaukee County system.

After the County's sirens shut off, a dual tone omnidirectional siren is still active in the distance for another minute. I'm positive this is Archon's Model 2T, which he recorded activating for this same warning (the p-50 and Allertor can be heard winding down in his video as well). The author mentioned living about a mile south of the P-50, which would place the recording location within audible range of Archon's 2T. After the 2T winds down, New Berlin, WI's T-128's sound in alert for the warning.

It sounds best in stereo with a good pair of headphones.

SirenMadness

Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:35 pm

RamFett wrote: It is audio from a tornado warning in West Allis, WI that took place on 6/7/08. I remember being at work when this storm hit.
That's weird, we almost had a tornado form in Windsor a day after that! I guess we've had a small share of your system pass over us.
~ Peter Radanovic

Return to “Videos and Media”