CTsirenhunter

Sirens of Avon and Canton, Connecticut

Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:37 pm

I know I've told you all about the sirens in my area, but produced few videos. Well, thanks to the Youtube user trains0509, I can finally show you sirens I've always wanted to share with this community. This guy (since I know he's too young to drive) obviously has very cooperative parents because they have taken him to see...

The Model 2 at Canton's main fire station:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-W8vFq_R-U

A red Model 5 elsewhere in Canton (maybe on the Canton Springs Rd. VFD, not quite sure...actually, I really want to know where it is, because there's a Sterling M next door!):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l69vTFdHTZQ

The red STH-10 at the Avon VFD next to Avon High School. Yes, it's roof-mounted, no those are not offices underneath, but rather the station itself:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxr-YpUFmx8

Trains0509, I salute you! You've done more for CT sirens than me, that's for sure!
I left this board in early 2010. I am not a part of the siren community in any sense anymore. I will not provide assistance or information.

3t22
YouTube Username: federal3t22

Re: Sirens of Avon and Canton, Connecticut

Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:42 am

CTsirenhunter wrote:Trains0509, I salute you! You've done more for CT sirens than me, that's for sure!
::clears throat:: what about me? :wink: (only kidding of course). Sorry to stray off topic, but i'm not sure if you knew this, but I found 2 of Waterbury's t-bolts 2 weeks ago on an unplanned siren hunt (ment to post it but forgot). One was near the brass mill mall soptted from I-84 west (you could easily find it if you drove around the mall itself) and another one spotted from I-84 west. Both were pole mounted.

CTsirenhunter

Re: Sirens of Avon and Canton, Connecticut

Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:39 pm

3t22 wrote:
CTsirenhunter wrote:Trains0509, I salute you! You've done more for CT sirens than me, that's for sure!
::clears throat:: what about me? :wink: (only kidding of course). Sorry to stray off topic, but i'm not sure if you knew this, but I found 2 of Waterbury's t-bolts 2 weeks ago on an unplanned siren hunt (ment to post it but forgot). One was near the brass mill mall soptted from I-84 west (you could easily find it if you drove around the mall itself) and another one spotted from I-84 west. Both were pole mounted.
I meant he's somewhat contributed more than me but not necessarily more than you...

Highway spottings...good job, but that just frustrates me! I always peer intently into the city whenever we pass through Waterbury, and I never see anything! I'm not going to be driving around in Waterbury off the highway anytime soon (or really ever...) so I leave those sirens up to you or anyone else who has the time.
I left this board in early 2010. I am not a part of the siren community in any sense anymore. I will not provide assistance or information.

Return to “Videos and Media”