SirenMadness

Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:19 pm

Man, what a surprise to see a CD logo on a brand-new box! Anyways, nice pictures. The green really fits the siren. I don't know as to what a few people have against so many speaker sirens, but based on my experience, the three-working-cell Mods really have power to them!
~ Peter Radanovic

Federal Signal fan

Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:58 pm

I never knew it's was an option to have those strobes flashing during activation... It's likely to signal that the siren is going off/receiving energy. Awesome video, and that CD logo stunned me too. Maybe it's a refurbished box on a new siren? Weird. :?

Josh
So, apparently, I like Federal Signal...

EL1998P71

Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:09 pm

The CD logo is expected, since they still have Civil Defense.
But from what i've seen and read. they are more defending against mother nature than an air attack.
Proud Owner of too many sirens, lightbars, civil defense items, and diecast cars

mhmcdonal

Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:43 pm

Josh, This siren is still pretty new and shiny green, and it does reflect the sunlight that bounces off the cars driving by it, creating that 'strobe' effect that you see. Although, it would look nice if that "strobe effect" were real.

Eric is right. The Civil Defense name is still used here. They are the Hawaii State agency to turn to for mainly natural disasters.

http://www.scd.state.hi.us/

The department I'm in with the City & County of Honolulu, has something similar, called Emergency Management. I'll be finding more about both organizations as I just started employment.

Return to “Videos and Media”