kx250rider
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: kx250racer

Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:12 pm

That's a relief... Thanks for taking time to go see!

I guess I'm a little over-worried since the one at Corbin and Vanowen disappeared about 1 year ago. I still would be curious where that one wound up, and who removed it (builder of the new condo building, or the city?)

Charles
L.A. sirens r us wrote:I am happy to report that as of Sunday morning 11/25/07, the siren mentioned by Charles (#141) IS STILL THERE!

It is easy to miss, especially when traveling east on Sunset Blvd.

Dennis
kx250rider wrote:I think LA may have lost another 500T recently :(

I drove along Sunset Blvd from PCH to Westwood on Tuesday evening, and I was UNABLE to spot the Paul Revere Middle School 500T. It stood along Sunset just east of Mandeville Cyn. Rd. on the edge of the Paul Revere Middle School football field, and there is a fairly thick stand of trees there as well. I usually see it while driving by, so it's unlikely that I missed it although it may be obscured in the trees. I was in a hurry and was unable to get a second drive-by.

I don't get down that way very often, so if anybody else is there sooner, please take a look. If it's gone, I hope it didn't get scrapped.

Charles
Yes, that's a real 500-lb Federal SD-10 I'm holding (braggart!)

AllSafe

Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:52 am

Someone needs to get that pink 500AT running.
Ich spreche nicht Deutsch...doh!

pyramid head

Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:07 am

I just talked to someone in LA who is interested in sirens. I told him what to do to get one (who to call) and the basic stuff. I linked him to here, and that site mentioned above for referance. I think he could be a good member, very willing to learn and he does not seem snotty.
Pyramid head walks into a bar... there are no survivors.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”