JasonC
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: Jsncrso

Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:52 pm

Thunderbolt 612 wrote:Returning to the steam whistle appearance, maybe Federal designed the shape of the Model sirens after the steam whistle.

It was designed to protect the siren from the elements with minimal disturbance to sound propagation.

pyramid head

Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:43 pm

I need statistics of this siren quick. we are using a system of pully's and I need to have some good measurments. I will try and get a picture of the siren without the housing on, and I need a year/ weight. I just noticed that the weight I looked at was from the 60's, and may be very inaccurate for this siren. this weekend me and my mom's boyfriend will be looking at the area we have to work with, and I will try and get a picture then.
Pyramid head walks into a bar... there are no survivors.

pyramid head

Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:01 am

I have been thinking about this lately, I noticed that the Fedelcode's had a smaller radius for the lower louver than all the older Mod's. Would this differance in louver angle effect sound distribution? I figure the newer one's like mine have better projection because of minimal louver reflection. however with the Fedelcodes, the louver is basicly pointed down, and (in my opinion) would make the sound travel in a pattern toward's the ground, then spread. I might be wrong, and if so please do correct me, this is a very interesting subject that has been picking at my brain.
Pyramid head walks into a bar... there are no survivors.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”