Gil
YouTube Username: gilramirez12

Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:30 am

Robert Gift wrote:
Gil wrote:I recall an audio clip (this was 2 or 3 years ago) of an Allertor that had a similar braking feature. The rapid braking make it sound like a dying cow.
I would love to hear this clip again, but i dont have it anymore. Someone who has it should post it.
Funny discription.
Did they make the Allerter that way, or was it somone's add-on device?
Solenoid valves seems like a much better idea.
Thanks, Gill
Definitely an add-on. In fact, I'm not sure if there were many produced, if any at all.

Daniel

Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:49 am

Robert Gift wrote:How many ports in that siren?
It looks like there are eight visible, so I'm guessing sixteen. I don't know whether the flat rain shields were original or added on, but this siren is only used at New Year's and rarely at any other time. It is the only one in Roseburg to my knowledge, and I believe it dates to the early 60's. Whatever was there before was obliterated in 1959 when a truck loaded with explosives detonated and gutted twelve square blocks of downtown Roseburg (the truck was parked next to a building that had caught fire).
Lex orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.

3t22
YouTube Username: federal3t22

Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:47 pm

Rheems1 wrote:Dan,

Please don't sell that Sterling from Witmer.. if that ever needs to go.. please call me first so I can purchase it back. Also, please get ahold of me at [email protected] in reference to the PM I sent on here.

Thank you,

Dave Fritz
Don't worry Dave, Witmer's M will be a part of my collention for many years no matter how big it gets (and it's about to get bigger, more on that as I get them). I'm sorry I haven't responded to your PM, I just noticed it (the pop blocker kept blocking the "new message" pop up :evil: ). I'll send you an e-mail.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”