loudmouth

Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:08 pm

Rheems1 wrote:That is the same size as the other examples of this siren. This, just for reference, is the same type of siren that has been discussed from the Country Lakes, NJ Fire Department (which should be coming down shortly and going into my collection) and the Mount Union, Pa Fire Department (who I have been trying to wrangle a test out of). There is another one in Bolton, Mass (that has not been discussed on here) which appears to be an older version (this is not the best picture). I can't wait until I get home and can watch this video!!!

Taken from Firenews.org

wow were did this come from! my archery shop is just down the road from that siren!. allways meaning to stop and talke a pic... wait theres a video of this siren!

Daniel

Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:36 pm

Doesn't this siren have a 9/12 port ratio?
Lex orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.

JasonC
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: Jsncrso

Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:32 am

Apparently, these things were only made in the 1930's as that's the only lit I've ever seen on them. There's also one in southern NJ somewhere.

md5
YouTube Username: bctrainers

Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:40 am

JasonC wrote:
CDV777-1 wrote:
Where is this located? It's not in Salisbury, NC is it?
It says "Salisbury Municipal Untilities" on the building in the photo. :wink:
Wonder if that's where they make the steaks? :wink:

Haha....

Upon further investigation, this looks to be Salisbury, MO.
If the siren is still in operation, i'll make a trip later on next year over there to record it. About a 3 hour drive from Kansas city metro i believe... :)

Rheems1

Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:17 pm

JasonC wrote:Apparently, these things were only made in the 1930's as that's the only lit I've ever seen on them. There's also one in southern NJ somewhere.
The one in New Jersey is actually in middle New Jersey, it was the fire siren for the Country Lakes Fire Department in Burlington County, NJ. It is no longer used and will most likely be coming down and going into the Dave Fritz Collection. In looking at the ports and counting them, it appears that it is an 8 and 12 port siren....I just need to get some final things worked out with the fire chief. Of course, once it comes down and is in my hands I will post a million pictures for all of you and depending on what the power requirements are.. I will even get a video (I have an STH-10 that is 3 Phase, 440 Volt...there isn't anywhere around here that has THAT kind of power that I can tap into LOL).

Dave Fritz

kx250rider
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: kx250racer

Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:38 pm

That's one I had never seen. I like the fact that it's said to be such an early model siren. If it predates the (x)T22s, I wonder if Fereral copied and "improved" this Fedelcode by adding horns? Definitely going on my want list!

Charles
Yes, that's a real 500-lb Federal SD-10 I'm holding (braggart!)

3t22
YouTube Username: federal3t22

Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:31 pm

Rheems1 wrote:
JasonC wrote:Apparently, these things were only made in the 1930's as that's the only lit I've ever seen on them. There's also one in southern NJ somewhere.
The one in New Jersey is actually in middle New Jersey, it was the fire siren for the Country Lakes Fire Department in Burlington County, NJ. It is no longer used and will most likely be coming down and going into the Dave Fritz Collection. In looking at the ports and counting them, it appears that it is an 8 and 12 port siren....I just need to get some final things worked out with the fire chief. Of course, once it comes down and is in my hands I will post a million pictures for all of you and depending on what the power requirements are.. I will even get a video (I have an STH-10 that is 3 Phase, 440 Volt...there isn't anywhere around here that has THAT kind of power that I can tap into LOL). Dave Fritz
I had a feeling in 01 when I first saw this siren it might be inactive as there's a rusty 5 down the road from it

Image.

Good to hear it's getting a good home. I smell a road trip to PA in my future :D

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”