EL1998P71

Siren Pic's from my vacation

Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:17 am

Well, I'm back from Illinois. while I was there I scoped out the area and saw a bunch of sirens. Around my hotel there was three. most were Federal Signal(new style). This was just up the road. The pic's don't do it justice. You can just tell from being on the ground near it, it was big.
Didn't see any thunderbolts while driving back. I did see one Allerator in grey just before a toll plaza on I-294. But could get over to the shoulder to get a pic from the car. and when I stopped off at Chesterton, Indiana to get fuel, I drove past this one. I don't know what brand it is, but this type has been on the forum before.

here's the street sign where this siren is:

Then on the way back thru michigan, I stopped at Watervilet for some food. I drove thru town to see my choices(which were all back by the freeway). and came across this:
It say's City Hall but it looks like it was a fire station. but there was a police car out front, which you can just see the back end at bottom left. so it's probably a city hall/police station. There is a new fire station across the street(where I took the pic from.
you can see a new federal signal one behind it.

And lastly, I drove thru Battle Creek. And from Bussiness I-94 you can see the federal center building first then two other high rise buildings pop out. and to my eyes appeared to be a lone thunderbolt gracing the skyline. This is where my optical zoom on my new camera pays off.

I drove like a few block in each direction to get the pic's.
I would like to get video of that. and see if the buildings owner would let me up there to get some pic's of it upclose. I'll have to do more research on that. And finally on my way thru M-14 I saw a thunderbolt next to an overpass on ridge road. I just happened to turn my head and saw it. but with traffic, I couldn't stop this time.

ThunderboltFreak

Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:57 am

AAA+ pictures man! Rarely do you see a roof mounted 2001, or is that one behind the building?
Assistant Store Manager at GameStop.

kswx29

Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:11 am

Loved the picture of the Thunderbolt atop that sky scraper! Would make for an awesome video.
-Once known as 2t22boy (Dylan)
Youtube | Flickr

azman798

Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:28 am

Good Pics! I also hear the Illinois is kinda famous for the T-135's. 8)

Jim Z

Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:44 am

and when I stopped off at Chesterton, Indiana to get fuel, I drove past this one. I don't know what brand it is, but this type has been on the forum before.
ASC Tempest 128.

EL1998P71

Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:07 pm

ThunderboltFreak wrote:AAA+ pictures man! Rarely do you see a roof mounted 2001, or is that one behind the building?
it's behind the building.

jerrylovessirens

Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:33 pm

Find any Fallout shelters on your trip EL??

EL1998P71

Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:58 pm

One in Michigan City, Indiana. It's a Court House on Washington st. and 4th. two signs, no capacity listed
One in Aurora, Illinois. On sullivan rd. I caught it on my way to that T-135. Its a manufacturing building. not really big, had one sign on it. with an "IN BASEMENT" overlay on it. No capacity listed.

If you do a search on waymarking.com for fallout shelters, you can see the 60+ shelters I have taken pic's of. BUt yet so far, I haven't gotten into them for a mini tour, just the outside.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”